GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few buddies and I were in the AET shop today finishing a bumper on an F350. This thing is HEAVY, its made out of scrap I-beam. I mean, we had to put it on the fork lift just to finish welding on it. So, back to the point of this thread. When we were done with the bumper, me and one of the guys that I was welding with (whom drives a lifted 'yota) got the bright idea of using the fork lift to see what kind of RTI numbers they would make.

We both got numbers from the front and rear of the trucks, and needless to say they werent impressive. My rear made it about 25 1/2" before the other rear tire came off the ground, and the front made it about 22 1/2" before the rear came off. I punched some numbers for a 20 degree ramp and my front RTI score is 467 with 65.8" travled up the ramp, and the rear made a RTI score of 529 with 74.6" of ramp travel. Here are some pictures.

Edit: Photobucket is back up.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictorals.
Before any lifting.
DSC02823.jpg

Patrick measuring how far it went up.
DSC02824.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

Cool'st picture in the world.
DSC02827.jpg

Frame shot. Notice the frame flex (how much the bumper moved).
DSC02828.jpg

Another frame twisting shot.
DSC02826.jpg

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front.
Before lifting.
DSC02829.jpg

All the way up.
DSC02830.jpg

Patrick again.
DSC02831.jpg

Another cool picture. And look at how unsquare the bed got.
DSC02832.jpg

Me and my junk. Sorry about the blurr. I am more attractive in real life, really I am.
DSC02833.jpg

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 'yota put down (or up) better RTI numbers than me, but its a single cab midsize what do you expect.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, I need to trim my bumper a little more. If I took my swizzle-sway bar off it (in theory) would put up some better numbers.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not bad i wish my truck would flex
Me too. Mine had a horrible RTI score. If I was on a 20 degree ramp, I wouldnt have had my front tires anywhere near the ramp. I wonder if I took the swaybar off if I would have gotten into the high 600 scores on the ramp.:hmm:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
fork lifts are always fun...but what ive never understood is why so many people who want more flex and don't necessarly NEED EVERY bit of payload don't try to work on getting more out of the rear atleast...63" rear springs will flex like crazy with the right set up...

btw, mine doesn't flex either...
IMGP0338.jpg

IMGP0344.jpg

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not really worried about it. I just wanted to see what my truck would/could do. I see your in Augusta Nicholas, do you know Patrick Armstrong?

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
:LOL: ... i cant wait till i rid my truck of the abomination that is GM IFS

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet. That little s10 cracked me up.

·
Registered
999 Posts
:LOL: ... i cant wait till i rid my truck of the abomination that is GM IFS

ah, i dont need to worry about ridding my truck of that abortion of a front suspension, cuz it never had it from the factory. :anitoof: of course, i do have that big nasty engine crossmember that you guys arent going to have to slice n dice...

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
going get them tommorrow and mount em up too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts