GMC Truck Forum banner
981 - 997 of 1011 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
No that's what I'm doing, just had to figure out the yoke. I bought a slip yoke that is for TH400 and 80e output with 3r joints so I can get it connected to the stock shaft. Measurements seem to work out on paper, but we will see if it actually works on the truck or not.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #982 ·
So I found a 4L80e 32 spline yoke with 3R joint size on it so I could run OEM size all throughout the driveshaft. Not sure why people don't recommend this yoke for 2wd 80e swap guys. It's a direct fit on the stock length driveshaft. Unless I'm missing something, it should work perfect. It has 7/8" of pullout at ride height from being fully bottomed out in the tailhousing.

NEAPCO N3R-3-9131X Transmission Slip Yoke 3R Series 32 spline TH400 Long Barrel - $70 shipped

Got a stock driveshaft from a local member and sanded the rust off and painted it satin black.

I really thought Magnaflow would have better quality than Speed Engineering, but check out the Magnaflow piping:

Speed Engineering:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
And I thought speed engineering was going down hill. Haven’t used a magnaflow product in years, good thing I guess.

80e yokes suck. They used so many many.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #985 ·
Maybe it is, I don't know, I'm not a welder... But what I do know is that I paid $750 for a stainless steel exhaust that came out of the box covered in rust. Not impressed

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Speed Engineering is shit. I hate my exhaust, customer service sucks too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The headers are A1 for the price. Y- pipe hangs pretty low, and clamps are junk, but that’s all easy to fix.

Been running mine for 4 years, still stainless, zero issues

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,970 Posts
Magnaflow pipe looks to be MIG welded whereas the Speed Engineering pipe looks to be TIG welded. In that case the Magnaflow weld has more penetration than the weld on the Speed Engineering pipe has, but the weld has more splatter and BBs surrounding it rather than the TIG weld having no splatter and having only heat marks. For longevity sake the magnaflow will hold longer, where as the Speed Engineering weld is moreso for looks and such.

·
Big Louie
3,021 Posts
Magnaflow pipe looks to be MIG welded whereas the Speed Engineering pipe looks to be TIG welded. In that case the Magnaflow weld has more penetration than the weld on the Speed Engineering pipe has, but the weld has more splatter and BBs surrounding it rather than the TIG weld having no splatter and having only heat marks. For longevity sake the magnaflow will hold longer, where as the Speed Engineering weld is moreso for looks and such.

The fuck you talking about old man?

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,970 Posts

·
n. fil-dert.
7,085 Posts
ffff I can make flux core look better than that MF weld

But Scott is still an idiot

·
508 Posts
Engine mounts and LTs showed up today. Didn't feel like working on it but I'll try to get to it this week.

Do you happen to have the GM part # for those mounts? They look like the pink Z82 Heavy Trailering package/Vortec Max mounts and Gm has like 4 color codes for the V8 GMT800s.

Thanks!

981 - 997 of 1011 Posts