GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Medicated and Motivated!!
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I took my truck in to the dealership to get the ole 25000 services done on it a lil later then I should've. Everything looks good but theres a couple items that I wanna question and see what yall think.

1) Sometimes when I crank my truck with the autostart and I'm standing in front of it I can hear a really noticable and loud tapping coming from the engine like its thirsting for oil and then after about 5 seconds it slacks off and goes away. Now I was thinking it was just an early morning thing but sometimes it does it during the day after I have driven it already. I normally do my own oil changes and use motorcraft because a couple guys on here recommended it over the GM STUFF. But since I went back to letting the Dealership change my oil it has gotten a lil better. So is it the type of oil or what?

2) My tranny slips really bad going into 3rd gear and sometimes it acts a lil screwy whenim just piddle farting around town taking it easy. Is it just a lemon tranny or is it the leveling kit or the fact that I havent properly tuned it since the addition of the listed parts in my SIG. I took it to two dealerships and they both said the samething, that its the speed sensor being thrown off by the leveling kit. But the only thing is my other 09 didnt have any problems and I had the samethings done to it. Although it was a 4 Speed and not the 6 speed like this one.

Thanks in Advance,
Cam

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
1) I did hear that non GM oil filters can cause an oil starvation upon startup in the NNBS trucks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1. Lifters are ticking until the oil gets circulating. GM claims it's normal. It's not, but shouldn't hurt anything just irritating.

2. Most likely normal. My 6 speed tranny does the same thing in my 2011 with 8k on the clock. Mine shutters a little when driving around town and lettin off the gas to slow down. I think it's just the 6 speed hunting through all of those gears.

·
Registered
619 Posts
1. My 2010 does the exact same thing. When using the auto start I hear an annoying ticking that last for a few seconds. Irritates me to death but its "normal" I guess.

2. Im at almost 12000k and I can feel the slippage too. Havent took it in yet though to see what the cause of it is.

·
GMC Owner
1,534 Posts
The tick is most likely the lifters, AFM likes to make them noisy. And my 6L80E isn't too smooth either, I sometimes lurch forward downshifting and stutter upshifting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Add another victim to the start up ticking/rattling. Sounds like hell for about 5 seconds then goes away. I have 17k on my 09.

My tranny feels fine though, nothing odd feeling about the upshifts or downshifts.

I'm much relieved to hear that others have the same noise at start-up and haven't had any other related issues. I was getting worried.

·
Medicated and Motivated!!
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I wanna do the DOD delete bc I'm not even using it bc I used a diablosport to tune it out and I believe my gas mileage is better without. So IMPO the active fuel management us BULLSHIT!!!!!
Thanks for the replies
Cam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.