GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
hmmmm, i be damned
1,944 Posts
i am thinking of putting hids in my 04 and i wanna do all 3 beams low, high and fog. i don't know what to look for where to look waht i need or anything help is much appreciated.
your not really gonna need them in the highs man. if you run some 6000k or 8000k in your lows and fogs, your gonna be BRIGHT as hell man, no need for high imo.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
repeat what they said. won't need your high's done. first your low's are gonna be bright as hell, second you'll "wear out" the bulb if you keep turning them on and off. Plus it takes a quick second for them to turn on in the first place, so if you switch between them when driving at night, you're lights will be completely off for a good second. No matter what you do, I would get the 4-hi mod (or 6-hi in your case) that keeps your lows on even when you turn on your highs. :imo

EDIT - I got the 5000k kit from http://www.xenonfactory.com but I would look somewhere else. Most kits will be efficient enough, I just wanted piece of mind. I wouldn't go any higher than 8000k MAX. Personally I would go in the 6000k range. The bulbs will eventually start turning "bluer" after ~100 hours of use anyways.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I have the HID kits for sale on my online store. www.inmotionperf.com

you would need 9005, 9006 and H10 to do all three beams. I dont usually reccomend the high beams because you most likely wont use them very much after you see how bright the low beams will become.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
just spend the same amount of money, and get the dual ballasts with the 9005 and 9006 then get a single ballasts fog light.

do it man, it's worth the money.....no matter what anyone else says...im glad i got mine. now i can't wait to get the 03 front end so i can put my fog lights.

8000k are what i have...i see a lot of people running 6000k..but it's whatever you want.

but go on ebay and find the 6 light high beam kit, it's like 20.00 its so easy to install i think a 4 yr old can do it. i'll show you the 4 beam kit soon.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Those represent the color of the light output. The 5k will be white, 6k will be mostly white with a little blue, and 8k will be really blue.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
do these blind oncoming traffic? I assume not, are they like the european cars?

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
do these blind oncoming traffic? I assume not, are they like the european cars?
depending on aim of your lights and height of your vehicle. Im cranked up front and a little cali so they are in ppl's rear view mirrors. I dont get flashed as much as i thought i would either.
Proper aiming will cut down on pissing ppl off

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
depending on aim of your lights and height of your vehicle. Im cranked up front and a little cali so they are in ppl's rear view mirrors. I dont get flashed as much as i thought i would either.
Proper aiming will cut down on pissing ppl off
I get that from time to time as well.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
all of these pictures are of the low beams...except one..which i stated, and you can see that it's not the low beam. hope yall like.
mytruck9.jpg

mytruck8.jpg

mytruck7.jpg

mytruck6.jpg

mytruck5.jpg

mytruck4.jpg

my favorite one right here.
mytruck3.jpg

this is the brightest fog lights i could find that were not HID. looks how dim they look
mytruck2.jpg

high beams
mytruck1.jpg

these are 8000k dual ballasts, i love them

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Whats the difference with the H1 and H2 HIDS? And what model can be used on our trucks or are they all universal? I have a set my neighbor gave me but I dont want them anymore and they were never installed...anyone want em??

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
another question for the experts. I see kits on ebay for $100 and other kits as high as $400. There doesnt seem to be any brands associated with these kits either. how do you know that you are getting a quality kit?

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I love the looks of HID's. But when I drive at night I'm always switching back & forth with the highs & lows.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
I'm a old fart when it comes to new lingos. I already have the "high 4 kit".:pow:
you're only as old as you feel..or want to act..but hey..atleast you are still young at heart, and wanting to alter your truck...:shake:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts