GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place isn't completely done yet, need some more of ceiling up and some paint, as well as a bunch more cleaning/organizing, but I'm getting there.

8 months ago I lived at home with my parents. In those last 8 months I've succesfully bought a house, gotten married, and bought the truck you see below. Hopefully I'll get the shop cleaned up enough to get the '87 home soon!

I worked on it alot yesterday, had just backed the truck in and was sitting on the stool drinking a beer and it hit me, so much has happened in the last year that I was a bit overwhelmed.

This probably has little/no significance to many homeowners, but I am 22 years old and that seems young for all of these events, to me at least. We signed on the house (when she was still my fiance) a week after my 21st birthday.

On to the pictures I took last night...

DSC04272.jpg

DSC04271.jpg

This place was basically a damn shed when we moved in, it was nothing but framing inside, no lights or anything. I ran electrical, insulated, put in lights, and added basically EVERYTHING you can see in the pictures. It was empty before hand.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
congrats man, I bet you are really happy about all of this. I can only hope to achieve all of that in 4 years

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would be AMAZED at how fast something like this can whirl up. When I was 18 I had no intention of leaving the house for a LOOOONG time. I was sinking 95% of my checks into my '87 and LOVING it. Same way, when we bought the house I was looking at trucks, there was no way in hell I could afford the Sierra at that time, now 8 months later I have it. Time plays some crazy tricks on you.

My next adventure is to search out a nice little chunk of dirt (probably 2-4 acres) and start paying on it. When we leave this house we plan on staying in the next one forever (career's providing of course). I figure I want to get started on the land early...

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
Nice work. I know the feeling, I bought my first house when I was 22, and surprisingly, my garage was about the same size and condition as yours when you bought. But, mine still looks like it because I've moved 250 miles away and now the house is for sale.

Good idea on the piece of land.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,658 Posts
wow, thanks for making me feel like a piece of shit, I live at home, have a dead-end job, and a high-mileage truck

just kidding...kind of....awesome work!

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Nice Garage Man and Congrats. Where's the pictures of the House?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try to get some more pictures of the house. It's nothing special at all, just a starter home. cost us about 80K.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Congrats man. I'm truely jealous. This is a dream for just about every young man.

9,786 Posts
awesome man and very commendable. I am 23 and going thru the whole buying my own house faze...i already rent a house but i want my own.

·
No longer a GM owner :(
164 Posts
The place isn't completely done yet, need some more of ceiling up and some paint, as well as a bunch more cleaning/organizing, but I'm getting there.

8 months ago I lived at home with my parents. In those last 8 months I've succesfully bought a house, gotten married, and bought the truck you see below. Hopefully I'll get the shop cleaned up enough to get the '87 home soon!

I worked on it alot yesterday, had just backed the truck in and was sitting on the stool drinking a beer and it hit me, so much has happened in the last year that I was a bit overwhelmed.

This probably has little/no significance to many homeowners, but I am 22 years old and that seems young for all of these events, to me at least. We signed on the house (when she was still my fiance) a week after my 21st birthday.
I feel you on the overwhelming feeling of it all. I'm seperating from the military in August, trying to close on my first house now, just got enganged, and gotta start looking for a new job soon so I can hopefully be working a steady job when I start my 3 months of leave before I seperate from the military...It really hit me today badly, the stress of it all.

Congrats on getting everything in your life in some kind of order...hopefully I'll be there soon to!

·
Registered
236 Posts
sweet garage man, i wish mine was that clean. good luck on your life too. im twenty, just had a son, just bought a house with my fairly new fiance( of 4 months) and only moved out of my parents house a year and a half ago. life comes at you fast, are you in good hands?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts