GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up, i just bought a 2001 Sierra w/ a 5.3...its a reg cab, step side. I got a 40 series flowmaster single in dual out put on it last week and i bought a AEM intake today off the internet. besides that its bone stock, what should i get next? also i was wondering whats the best way to start off the line with an automatic transmission? leave it in D the whole way or 3? or start at 1 and shift up? thanks for the help.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
welcome to the circus...

Some times i just put my truck in tow haul mode. I don't think i've ever towed anything in my truck though...

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
welcome to the circus...

Some times i just put my truck in tow haul mode. I don't think i've ever towed anything in my truck though...
all them pizzas are heavy!!! :anitoof:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:welcome:

I agree with 2k1slvrdo...the tow/haul mode seems to help some...although when I'm racing I tend to turn off everything as well (DRLs, radio, A/C blower)...not sure if either one helps you off the line, but it makes me feel better :anitoof:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Welcome to the site. Turn off all accessories and maybe thrown on two/haul mode...manual shifting doens't seem to help that much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts