GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....so i relocated my coils to under the motor!! much better now.. It took me a while cause i made new brackets so the coils were closer together, and i added a shield so no debris would hit them. anyways, here are some pics.

WFCindy07021.jpg

WFCindy07024.jpg

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
dude coating on your firewall looks really sick. Is that like a rhino lining type stuff, or is it undercoating?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its rhino lining. I had a little fire and it torched the firewall and wiring harness. It was all burnt yellow instead of white so i said fuck it and rolled that stuff on. I wasnt too sure at first, but i really like it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
lol, I'm about to start to build plug wires.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
I am wanting to do that to but i was going to raise them up and run longer wires what does the bracket look like

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
any pics of them mounted?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt take any of them mounted. i got too excited and wanted to drive it. ill take some tomorrow when its light out again

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you ever run sleeves over the wires?

The brackets look good. :head:

I had aeroquip heat sleaves on there. they wouldnt burn up the wire itself, but when you check the resistance of the wire, they are 500+ ohms when the maximum is 50 ohms per foot. im not sure what was going on, but since ive changed them, and nothing is close to the turbo headers, i havent burnt up anything.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Rad brackets. :shake:

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris, my problem is that the wires touch the headers, weather i make the plugs go over the log, or through it. with the coils under the headers, nothing is close to the header.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Nice work dan! im currently looking to relocate mine on my car, that looks clean!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts