GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG00602.jpg

IMG00601.jpg

18 year old paint(Junkyard spoiler) that was scratched to hell and rolled around in the bed of my truck for a few weeks on the Line-X. I wish i took before pics. THe spoiler is from a Z34 lumina and is going to made into a shelf, so i was jst messing around when i went out in the garage to smoke a cig (i gotta quit asap).

I used meguiars finesse it II and a orange pad, then a white with meguiars polish and finished off with meguiars carnuba (spelling) wax. All on my porter cable i got for free from the father in law after he used it for a total of 2o minutes. I'm still learning so i'm not ready to use a orange pad on my truck, but this boosted my confidence quite a bit.

There were A LOT of scratches and swirls, a lot! THis worked great. Thanks for all the advice thus far guys!

Later, Jay

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Looks good. Don't be scared of the orange pad. Theres no way to mess up your paint with an orbital unless you use dirty pads.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry photobucket is being gay and that was next to the second pic i added, don't know why it is taking the img tag from that photo when i click on the second spoiler pic, so i had to type it in my hand.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good. Don't be scared of the orange pad. Theres no way to mess up your paint with an orbital unless you use dirty pads.
first time cleaning the pads, it seemed to take forever! Lots of dawn and lots of water, took forever to come clean but they look like new again and the water rinsed clear.

·
Registered
102 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
687 Posts
first time cleaning the pads, it seemed to take forever! Lots of dawn and lots of water, took forever to come clean but they look like new again and the water rinsed clear.
Lol I know what you mean,I almost couldn't get all the soap out my white pad,took like 10 minutes.But the orange pads rinsed out in a jippy...go figure

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep.my father in law didn't clean two white pads so i had to spend a bout 5 minutes on two of the three dirty white pads, 2 month old wax on them. I can't get every spot out of the orange that he used and let dry for two months, so i'll clean it again tomorrow and if ti doesn't come clean should i toss it?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Are you only using dawn?

Try an APC or Dawn power dissolver

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah only dawn, i'll have to get some power dissolver

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wanna buy my 4 door clone? It's for sale!

EditedLumina3.jpg

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That car is sharp!
Specs?
everything has been redone on the car suspension wise, custom made coilovers for the rear to get rid of the stock fiberglass monoleaf suspension, sway bars added, poly stuff all over the place, upgraded brakes, stereo work, blah blah blah, over $4200 in paint and body work with new weatherstripping EVERYWHERE.

Sadly i don't drive it much because i never got around to swapping the engine like i've done for buddies numerous times, i want to put a L67 in it (NEW GTP engine, 3800 S/C). Right now it's sitting in the garage under a cover getting flat spots on the tires:mad:

I love the rims (eagle alloy 077's in 18x8)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Easy way to clean a pad is to use Meg's Super Degreaser 4:1. I have tried the dawn power degreaser, dawn, apc, simple green. I am not sure what is in the Super Degreaser but my pads have never been cleaner. Wool pads that I have used for boats come back like new.

I spray the pads with the SD and let them sit for about 5 minutes. After that I hit them with the hose. Lightly wring them out and put them on the rotary and just spin it dry while using compressed air to blow them out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts