GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I am getting an avalanche next week and I was just wanted to ask a few ?s

I am either gunna get the alpine w200 or the panasonic doubledin indash and I was just wondering what kind of adapter I will need to make it where I can still use my steering wheel controls???

Also can you wire the alpine up to play while your driving? I know on the panasonic all you have to do is ground one wire!! I may get the panasonic cuz its cheaper and I have had the panasonic flip out for a year now and havent had a single prob!

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
On the Alpine, you have 2 wires to hook up. From the back of the radio, you have foot brake and e-brake. I wired 1 switch (1 prong to ground, 1 prong to the e-brake wire). The sequence is foot brake (hold down), flip switch on, off, on, then release foot brake. The video will come on then.

For steering wheel controls, Peripheral and PAC make adaptors. The PAC is a direct plug-in to the back of the Alpine. I have the same one and couldn't get half of the steering wheel buttons to work and haven't messed with trying to fix it yet. Seems weak to me. The Peripheral has a small emitter that shoots the remote signal to it (mount it close to the radio), and you program the steering wheel controls the way you want them. Not sure of the PAC part number, but the Peripheral is PESWIX.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the Alpine W-200 in my Silverado. I love it. The quality of picture is outstanding. I use it with my 60 gig Ipod. It is faster to find a song with the touch screen than the actual IPOD dial. I did upgrade my speakers to Infinitys. To get the video to play I used a PAC TR-7 adapter. Just turn it on and it works from the start. It is easier to wire that into the HU than to find the brake wire etc. I paid $720 plus shipping from Amazon.com. I got the IPOD adapter for $20 and the TR-7 adapter for $15.95. Luckily on my 2000 Silverado, I only needed a $14 harness from Walmart to have everything work. Best Mod I did to my truck.:guns:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts