GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my humble project....just the usual....start off with a 94 dually truck....stretch it, slightly chop the cab, body drop, scratch built frame, cummins diesel engine. Nothing too serious. Anyways, this is where i'm at so far......

front fender at "park height"....notice the wheel peaking over...on purpose

The area of current attention, the rear frame/suspension

Aluminum sideplates on the kickups...

unfortunatly I didnt get into much detail with the work above...but i did one these rearend brackets....

there is a reason why we call it industrialized metal....alot of what I'm using is scrap metal from an industrial construction plant....

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(this is a very rough finish of this area) here we are developing a platform, its shape has not been finalized, however it is and will be offset to match the diffcase....

and now to build the platform mounting brackets so that is it removable....

now to strengthen the platform....starting with cardboard as we do most everything else....

for last here is the truck back in 1997...1500 series 5 lug in stage two (my second time building it)....airbagged, super singles in the rear, painted corvette blue.... completely different look than what will be coming....

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
OBS Dually is where it's at...I have always wanted one.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.