GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is 13 years old, ill never sell it, but it does take awhile to get funds for everything. i LOVE music, but my priority right now is engine and drivetrain stuff, however at this age my speakers are starting to sound a little shitty, worse than they were new lol.

what'd be a nice decent set of replacement speakers that will sound a bit better than stock but not come close to breaking the bank. I plan on doing a full stereo down the road, but right now i just need something to get me by so i can actually hear all the instruments and vocals in the songs.

stats: 94 (old boxy dash), all stock everything head unit speakers, wiring, etc. might entertain a head unit upgrade too once summer rolls around but given that i only use my iPod and i would rather save the money for the real deal in a year or so, we'll see.

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
this is what i have they sound OK on deck power, but they really come alive with an amp... search the web, i think i got my for around $50 shipped (SD Pricematch)

also infinity makes some plates that are pretty damn good.

the easiest answer is, no one makes a good set of 4x6's. however, i am really happy with my RFs...

i also have these layin around (or atleast im pretty sure i still have em) if you just want something to replace your stockers, $20 shipped if i still have em...

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Hey Spence maing, I got some 6inch round Infinity component speakers, im going to be taking them outta my s13 soon, like within 2 weeks, Theyre all white, maybe kappa perf's? Im not sure, Ill get a picture sometime soon, but when we figure out what they are, ill give you first dibs on a fair price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts