GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have made too many threads so I am just going to keep all my questions in this new one here to make it easier for myself. Anyways here is my progress: as of today I installed a 3" PA Body Lift. Now the only question I have about that is that my bumper on the driver side hangs down about 1" at the very corner right next to the wheel well.. how do I fix it? The other side is perfect though.

Alright here are my lift questions:
-I am kinda confused on the stock bump stop...I just cut it off and shave it down, then how do I know where to drill the hole to mount the new one?
-Also the jack wont raise the truck up high enough how did you guys get around this problem?

·
Registered
224 Posts
As far as the bumper is concerned, I believe you can just loosen the mounting bolts and re-adjust the bumper, then tighten them down again.

Don't know about the bump stop.

Blocks of wood will help you get the height you need for the jack.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The new bumpstop has a small hole in it. Just cut until that small hole fits in the little dimple by the cam bolts. You need to cut most of it off, but I just cut some and then lined that small hole up and then went from there till it fit. Then you can drill your new hole...

Blocks of wood are a must for sure.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok great got those answered now I got some more problems for all you gurus:

Put the blocks in tonight got some 4" ones from a local shop. Anyways I put on the new blocks, put on new ubolts, tightened them and I now get an odd vibration from 10-15mph. But I only have the rear lift and tires installed all of up front is stock.

Also about the blocks the larger end points forward right? Ahh please say yes rofl.

And for Justin when you marked the tires.. right is passenger side I take it?

Last the shocks have boots but damn they are red lol can I just not run the boots? I always see fox shocks with no boots so I didnt run them but if its a bad idea im gonna slap them back on.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What directions are the blocks supposed to go in? should the smaller end be up front or the larger end that might affect my driveshaft angle.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
the smaller end is in hte front on the blocks. this tilts the diff up to help with driveline angle

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well shit lol theres my prob I am begining to hate this local suspension shop they told me the big end goes forward. Ok I hope I didnt do any harm driving it.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
OMG how dumb can they be...........wonder how many suspension intsalls they have trashed.

you didnt harm it. you would have known it if something broke, but a lil vibration, eh its ok, just fix it ASAP

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok guys update:
-Flipped the blocks (no more vibration) :rocking:
-Front end is all apart put on the bump stops for the uppercontrol arm
-Put on upper control arms

Now I have a couple questions, the upper control arms what do I torque them to I did 140 like factory which seems like a shitload, also how do I position the ball joint spacers( I bought the modified CST Lower Control Arms) thats why I got them. Do I put them in the space in the control arm where the bolts for the ball joint go? I dont get it lol. Ok thats it for now just waiting for my lower arms to come in.

One more thing...this thing is friggin tall I am gonna need some sort of steps what do you guys recommend, I hate a lot of them mostly the big tubular ones.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
ADyingDevotion said:
Well shit lol theres my prob I am begining to hate this local suspension shop they told me the big end goes forward. Ok I hope I didnt do any harm driving it.
Hey man, what shop was that? I was wondering cuz i will try and avoud them.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
you could get kodiak steps. they mount fluch up against the rocker when the door is closed, but then extend down 8" when you open it. kinda expensive though. the cheapest i've seen are from Lil Devil (preferred vendor :D). or you could get some N-fabs. they're tubular but they look much better than the normal tubular ones. :imo

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Silverado said:
Hey man, what shop was that? I was wondering cuz i will try and avoud them.
Als performance, but I always talk to his employees. Al is a smart guy when I get to talk to him though.

But anyone know how these spacers work? I am kinda confused. Oh and is anyone else running the CST Lower Control Arms? I guess they are a PITA to align?

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
ADyingDevotion said:
Als performance, but I always talk to his employees. Al is a smart guy when I get to talk to him though.

But anyone know how these spacers work? I am kinda confused. Oh and is anyone else running the CST Lower Control Arms? I guess they are a PITA to align?
OK. Thanks. I haven't heard much about Al's, I like wired for sound they seem to know what they are doing. I will have them install my lift if I don’t do it myself.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Silverado said:
OK. Thanks. I haven't heard much about Al's, I like wired for sound they seem to know what they are doing. I will have them install my lift if I don’t do it myself.
Dude, install it yourself ill help ill know what im doing by then
Edit: Oh dont you have 4x4 though? Not sure about doing 4x4 but I could learn :think:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
ADyingDevotion said:
Dude, install it yourself ill help ill know what im doing by then
Edit: Oh dont you have 4x4 though? Not sure about doing 4x4 but I could learn :think:
Yeah its 4x4, as of right now i think the plan is for my Dad and i to install. It depends on if we can get ahold of a welder and shit though.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts