GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I'm stoked, the HID ordered of Ebay arrived today. The hardest part of the install was finding a place to mount the ballast, if that gives any indication of how tough it is.

Xentec 8000K kit for 9006 bulb

MykkSilvHID.gif

MykkSilvHID2.gif

HIDside.gif

HIDonwall.gif

At first I was concerned of what I would be getting from an Ebay kit, but I am pleased with the outcome & price! $120 shipped free. Plus HIDs look damn cool firing up.

Also, a couple hundred more dollars and I can order those 22" eagle 026 rims & Toyo Proxes S/T 305/40-22ss... But I've heard of rubbing & fender lip issues. We'll see.

later -Mykk

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
one of the best mods u can do IMO, helps out so much especially if you dont have fog lights. go with a 285/40 when you get those wheels

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I'm kinda pissed. I paid $520 for my HIDs a year ago because I was worried about them going out on me and wanted "quality" Even though their Philips rebased, I should have just gone with the eBay kit. Lookin good bud :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
very nice. i still need to do this. i really can't see that well at night and i'll be commuting at night when school starts again.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hope you don't melt your stock wiring with those babies :insane: Luckily mine came with a wiring harness. Lookin good though!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope you don't melt your stock wiring with those babies :insane: Luckily mine came with a wiring harness. Lookin good though!

I hear what your saying. I already had to upgrade the harness, a previous set of ricer blue 9006's burned up the OE harness.... so it's taken care of

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Lookin good! How much you plan on paying for those 22's?

·
Registered
177 Posts
What all did you do to upgrade the wiring harness the 1st time?
shouldn't need to upgrade harness, HID only run at 35 watt, yes i understand at startup there is a inrush of current, but its not long enough to melt the harness, most of the ricer blue bulbs run at 100watts or so and thats why harnesses burn up, but you shouldn't have any problems from HID, i've had mine on for 6 months with no harness upgrade or relays and not one single problem

1 - 20 of 28 Posts