GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I installed an AEM brute force air intake for my 96 5.7L Vortec this afternoon and had a couple of questions.

1) Did anyone else have a hard ass time fitting the actual CAI of it together (tight fit and whatnot)

2) Did anyone else notice an RPM drop at all speeds and idle?

3) is the tube itself supposed to get really fckin hot?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone ???

·
Registered
146 Posts
it probably wold get freakin hot man cuase the intake tube is metal and id rather have a tight fit than a loose sloppy one cuase at least after you get it together it wont come apart and the rpm drop might be the computer tryin to adjust to the inreased flow just my .02 cents

·
Registered
82 Posts
What he said, and those new intakes made of aluminum are the worst you can put on your vehicle. K&N's FIPK(the hard plastic type) are the only way to go. K&N introduced their typhoon systems because of the import scene wanted the pretty aluminum tube instead of the gaudy looking black plastic tubes that the original FIPK's use. Anyway, the intake tube will get freakin hot.

Id get a K&N FIPK or the volant.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one is a plastic tube, i tap on it with my hand and it sure as hell isn't metal, but it does get hot.

I despise K&N (long story), and volant they look gaudy as hell to me and from what ive heard there fitment is possibly the worst in the industry. If i don't keep this one because i end up not satisfied, im going airraid.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its plastic huh?? OH, it looks metal from pics and I havent seen one in person. I have a Volant coming from the GP and if you like, Ill let you know how fit and finish is on the product. Cant beat the GP price.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts