GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my cam and springs today. Took a little over 4 hours total. I am very happy with the results. I did a street tune and it feels and looks pretty close according to the logs I have taken. The cam pulls the entire power band and you can hear a little lope at idle if you listen closely. :hmm:

I will get it on a dyno when I get a chance. :D

I called up lethalyoyo so he cold record a sound bite and some video of my truck but he is no where to be found. Im guessing he knew we were going to have to race and he got scared when my name came up on his phone :whip:

The cam: Comp Cams (XR265HR) 212/218 duration split at .050, a .522/.529 lift split and a 114-degree lobe separation angle.

As of right now Im done with power mods on my truck. I need to do a body lift and get my truck blacked out. I am going to paint all the chrome black and then maybe some type of baja bar or something. I also need new shocks...its a never ending cycle :nono:

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to hear that lope, post up those vids as soon as you get them...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
kinda off topic, but what did you tune with, hptuners? if so, mind sending me the log and tune?? im about to toss that same exact cam in my 5.3 and would like to have a little something to go off of initally.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Good choice on the cam.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
UMMM no i just live in BFE now so i dont get any reception BTW your truck hauls ass now Good job now i want to get my dyno tune and some good LTs and some stronger springs

·
Registered
840 Posts
Same cam that I have in my truck. Great cam for a 4x4. Are you running a stall or gears yet?

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw you on Auburn a week or two ago, truck sounded good man. I need some LT's and no cats for my Corsa :anitoof:
You could hear me truck? I doesnt sound very loud. Lethalyoyo's truck with his crapmaster is a 100x more louder than mine. Thanks for the compliment though. You should have waved high or something.

kinda off topic, but what did you tune with, hptuners? if so, mind sending me the log and tune?? im about to toss that same exact cam in my 5.3 and would like to have a little something to go off of initally.
I tuned several things. I am no expert but it came out pretty good. The truck shifts 3rd - 4th at WOT kind of funny now so I am going to be getting some advise from 12secSS this coming week to solve that problem. But its not a problem at all since I rarely go from 3rd-4th at WOT.

just a quick run through from the top of head:

-timing
-played with the power enrichment table
-target idle speed was raised a tad so the truck would not die
-ide air flow was raised to keep the idle rpm down but also so it would not die in gear at idle.

and its coupled on top of my gas mileage tune that you will see when I send you my files. whats your email? Ill send them when I get a chance.

Same cam that I have in my truck. Great cam for a 4x4. Are you running a stall or gears yet?
No stall and stock 4.10 gears. I like these gears with my 35s so I will not be upgrading. And I will not do be doing a stall until my transmission goes out :nono: I need a stall but I can wait. I will just end up doing a TB stall when the time comes.

I also finally got a hold of lethalyoyo last night and we raced a couple of times. I straight out murdered him ass! :rofl2: I walked him pretty good every run. I think his tuner needs to spend a little more time on his tune. If he got his tune down his truck would run a lot better. Coupled with some long tubes his truck should see significant gains.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I like the cam choice... nice and streetable... probably easy to tune as well...

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
You could hear me truck? I doesnt sound very loud. Lethalyoyo's truck with his crapmaster is a 100x more louder than mine. Thanks for the compliment though. You should have waved high or something.
It was at night, and I was rolling up to you with my windows down when you took off. Next time I'll honk or something:crazy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts