GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, i'm trying to convince my parents that its not completely crazy (or unsafe) to install a body lift yourself but they're not buying it and i'm determined to save the 300 some odd bucks for installation. Tell me what all tools i'll need how long it takes and the hardest parts of the install and feel free to offer any manual labor lol thanks guys

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
If y ou want to do it between march 6-13 ill help you do it. I have all the tools we would need and can do it in about 6 hrs. Im in west houston. If it makes your parents feel better ive done it before and am making my own suspension!

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright man thanks, i'll see how they feel about that my dad has like a 4wd phobia or somethin :LOL: the only thing we've ever had that is 4x4 is my truck, hell even our 4 wheeler is 2wd :nono: and i can also see about bringing some folks along for extra hands

::EDIT:: i was also wondering about my nerf bars is it easy to make brackets to move them up , not sure if i want them flush with the body after the lift but maybe move them up 2 inches after the 3 inch lift....did that make any sense at all? :think: i just dont really like them being so close to the floor board, they seem to serve no purpose to me because why not just step up the extra inch into the truck?? i dunno maybe i'm just bein retarded :anitoof:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Iits really pretty simple. Thats my spring break and im down for doing it any time except taht tuesday and wed - im having my wisdom teeth pulled that tuesday and want a day to recover before working on trucks again. Ive got air tools and everything we will need. If you have any kind of questions just ask. I would order the kit right away if you really want to do it then so you canmake sure to have it. If not im willing to do it anytime during the summer, but I know you probably want it done fast!!! (I hate waiting for mods!)

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aight man, i appreciate it i will talk to my boss sometime soon and see when i am going to have to work over spring break, and a shop around here usually has those lifts in stock for the same price as 4wp

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Body lifts are cake it aint hard to do the hardest part was the emergency brake bracket and that was easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts