GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bigger Hayden tranny cooler and I am goign to try to put it in today while I have some time. I have a factory cooler and this one should bolt up to there the stock one was. My question it what should i expect when disconnecting the lines from the stock cooler? Are they under any pressure? will I be getting tranny fluid everywhere? I am at my apartment and Don't want to get tranny fluid all over their concrete parking lot. Will i need to buy more fluid? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It may not bolt up in the exact same factory location because the cooler you got is prob bigger than the stock one. Fluid won't shoot out the lines as long as you do it with the truck off. It will leak some fluid from the cooler and lines but not much so keep a drip pan handy. And you will need to add a bit of fluid to compensate for the bigger cooler.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
^^ correct.
you will have to drill holes for the new cooler to fit since it wont have the mounting tabs like the stock one. also you are going to have to have a tubing cutter to cut the metal tubings off to adapt to the rubber hose from the kit. i would recommend cutting them in a straight area where you have about 1.5-2.5" worth of metal tubing left to run the hose onto. also, dont cut the tubing fittings right at the 90* if you ever decide to put the stock one back on you need room to clamp the hose on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts