GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an aim (yeah I know, I know...) engine driven compressor and install kit for $100 shipped and was wondering if anyone had any installation instructions for it or any help on how to install it for me? I was wanting to just make my own mount for it, but I was worried about the belt (which I don't have yet) not fitting right after I made the mount, any tips?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
All I'm gonna say is good luck. My neighbor got one of them free, and it was a pos. I'll see if I can find the PN for the belt on my engine driven.

·
Registered
61 Posts
the most functionality your going to get out of it is either as a paperweight or a dust collector being that its an AIM piece.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I've seen that "kit" and it's a complete piece only worthy of holding down paper IMO. I'd get rid of it and find yourself a nice aircommander kit.......

Cameron

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah, I got one from a company affiliated with Air Ride and god damn it's good. It fills my 12 gallons worth of space in under a minute I bet. It's engine driven like, obviously, so the throttle makes the belt go faster which in turn produces air faster. I've had it bagged for about a year now and have only broken 2 belts. Of course the truck only has about 5,000 miles on it but that's a different story :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted a york or an air commander (but they're $700), but I figured I'd just get this one. I hate AIM don't get me wrong, I just knew if I didn't like it then I could sell it for twice as much that I have in it to this guy I know. I have a York also, but it's too big to fit right. Anyone got any ideas for what I should get, besides AIM sucks since I already know that and am not a dumbass. I'm on a pretty limited budget is the bad thing.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Save your $$ fot the Air Comander trust me. You get alot for the money. You get everything you need awsome instructions and great customer service. Mine came missing 2 small O rings I called and had them in like 2 days, had a part break after a year it was replaced no questions asked.

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
get the AC...i got in on a group buy a while back, and got it for a good deal...enough interest, and you won't have a problem convicing them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a York (now named Climate Control) on my truck. The guys that put mine on fabricated mounting brackets that bolt on to the alternator. This saved alot of money compared to the Air Lift version, which is basically the same. Check http://www.onboardair.com for the compressors, clutches, and kits, this is something you might want to consider.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts