GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an aim (yeah I know, I know...) engine driven compressor and install kit for $100 shipped and was wondering if anyone had any installation instructions for it or any help on how to install it for me? I was wanting to just make my own mount for it, but I was worried about the belt (which I don't have yet) not fitting right after I made the mount, any tips?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
All I'm gonna say is good luck. My neighbor got one of them free, and it was a pos. I'll see if I can find the PN for the belt on my engine driven.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I've seen that "kit" and it's a complete piece only worthy of holding down paper IMO. I'd get rid of it and find yourself a nice aircommander kit.......

Cameron

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah, I got one from a company affiliated with Air Ride and god damn it's good. It fills my 12 gallons worth of space in under a minute I bet. It's engine driven like, obviously, so the throttle makes the belt go faster which in turn produces air faster. I've had it bagged for about a year now and have only broken 2 belts. Of course the truck only has about 5,000 miles on it but that's a different story :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wanted a york or an air commander (but they're $700), but I figured I'd just get this one. I hate AIM don't get me wrong, I just knew if I didn't like it then I could sell it for twice as much that I have in it to this guy I know. I have a York also, but it's too big to fit right. Anyone got any ideas for what I should get, besides AIM sucks since I already know that and am not a dumbass. I'm on a pretty limited budget is the bad thing.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Save your $$ fot the Air Comander trust me. You get alot for the money. You get everything you need awsome instructions and great customer service. Mine came missing 2 small O rings I called and had them in like 2 days, had a part break after a year it was replaced no questions asked.

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
get the AC...i got in on a group buy a while back, and got it for a good deal...enough interest, and you won't have a problem convicing them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.