GMC Truck Forum banner

?Installing an overhead console?

33K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  TechieTruckKid 
it was a 04 base not an ls. what i did is cut hole 1st to inspect. then once i saw i didnt have shit was trim the opening on open to clear the console. i put a anchor in the little slot since the oem screw thing wasnt there. then i wired up a ground to beam up front and ran a wire to the fuse box to a hot source. and for the back i cut the clips off the console and drilled a screw through the back. i put a small piece of mdf in the back above the headliner prior so i would have something to screw into. other than the one screw in the back it looks and works fine.

it was a drywall anchor a plastic one that i could bend up in the slot then tighten up they look like a t or arrow head kinda. you can buy that fitting for that slot though at the dealer.

well mounting wasnt like a said i used a piece of mdf at the back and it sets back in the headliner some so it will keep it braced then the screw holds it to the mdf through the head liner. and the front is the oem screw but i had to put a anchor in cause the screw clip thing insnt there and its a little square slot.

ok i get what your saying. would you happen to know the part number for it or maybe what they call the fitting?
not a clue but you could do anything expoxy a plate of steel up over the hole and drill it. anchor. bend a piece sheet metal up so it will stay in the slot and not move drill it etc,,,,

actually easiest would be to take a flat stock screw it to the beam over the hole just a little longer like a cap and put the headliner bolt in the center

also gives you a ground spot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.