GMC Truck Forum banner

?Installing an overhead console?

33K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  TechieTruckKid 
it was a 04 base not an ls. what i did is cut hole 1st to inspect. then once i saw i didnt have shit was trim the opening on open to clear the console. i put a anchor in the little slot since the oem screw thing wasnt there. then i wired up a ground to beam up front and ran a wire to the fuse box to a hot source. and for the back i cut the clips off the console and drilled a screw through the back. i put a small piece of mdf in the back above the headliner prior so i would have something to screw into. other than the one screw in the back it looks and works fine.
what kinda anchor did you put in?i have a console and already ordered the brace that you have to epoxy/glue to the roof

it was a drywall anchor a plastic one that i could bend up in the slot then tighten up they look like a t or arrow head kinda. you can buy that fitting for that slot though at the dealer.
ok i get what your saying. would you happen to know the part number for it or maybe what they call the fitting?

still working on installing mine. the part number for the brace that supports the console is 15711473. retail on the brace is $17.48. i picked up the clip that goes into the front of the roof support and a used section of headliner for a template to know where to cut the hole from the salvage yard.
i got the part number from a guy on car domain that did a while back. here is his page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2254522/2
what was the p/n for the clip? i got the bracket and console sitting in my room waiting to go in. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.