GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
well mounting wasnt like a said i used a piece of mdf at the back and it sets back in the headliner some so it will keep it braced then the screw holds it to the mdf through the head liner. and the front is the oem screw but i had to put a anchor in cause the screw clip thing insnt there and its a little square slot.

it was a drywall anchor a plastic one that i could bend up in the slot then tighten up they look like a t or arrow head kinda. you can buy that fitting for that slot though at the dealer.
ok i get what your saying. would you happen to know the part number for it or maybe what they call the fitting?

ok i get what your saying. would you happen to know the part number for it or maybe what they call the fitting?
not a clue but you could do anything expoxy a plate of steel up over the hole and drill it. anchor. bend a piece sheet metal up so it will stay in the slot and not move drill it etc,,,,

actually easiest would be to take a flat stock screw it to the beam over the hole just a little longer like a cap and put the headliner bolt in the center

also gives you a ground spot

still working on installing mine. the part number for the brace that supports the console is 15711473. retail on the brace is $17.48. i picked up the clip that goes into the front of the roof support and a used section of headliner for a template to know where to cut the hole from the salvage yard.
i got the part number from a guy on car domain that did a while back. here is his page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2254522/2

still working on installing mine. the part number for the brace that supports the console is 15711473. retail on the brace is $17.48. i picked up the clip that goes into the front of the roof support and a used section of headliner for a template to know where to cut the hole from the salvage yard.
i got the part number from a guy on car domain that did a while back. here is his page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2254522/2
what was the p/n for the clip? i got the bracket and console sitting in my room waiting to go in. lol

what was the p/n for the clip? i got the bracket and console sitting in my room waiting to go in. lol
Did you ever get that part number?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.