GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm about to install my drop kit, only a 3/4 sprindles, springs,shackels and hangers. Does anyone have any pics/ tips for installing. I just bought a compressor and air chissel to get the rivets off. I just want to make sure I'm not messing anything up, plus I just got the truck, less than 4K miles.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I think you should wait and get ride of the hangers and shackles for a Flip Kit :imo

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, I fully agree with you, only thing I have bought the parts. Plus no one around here has a F ing clue when I talk to them about stuff off this board, all they want to do is jack the trucks up. My plan is to ride this set up until next summer, hopefully I would have found someone for the bagg set up. The flip kit set up was cheaper and eassier to install. Hey any tips for installing the spindles??? I'm in the garage now, about to get started. :think:

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
auhhhggggg......... :insane: I'm going to take it to the shop on Monday to have it done...F those shakles...

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welll at least I can put my new grille and antenna on, I should be able to accomplish that... :ninja:

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
Hey man where abouts are you in MD. If you need help it shouldnt be a prob at all. My self and a few of my friends have bagged rides and could help you out if need be.

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks 01Lowboy, I'm in Upper Marlboro. I think I'm going to take it to a shop, any suggestions? The next few weeks are going to be pretty busy for me on my fulltime and parttime, so I'm not going to have any time to play around in the garage and I would like to get this done. So I can move onto my next mod. I atleast put my grille and antenna last night, looks really good. I will post some pics of the mode soon.

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a 03 ecsb. How much should it cost me to install it. One shop told me $700 which includes the McGauphy's 3/4 deluxe drop (spindles, hangers and shakels) plus I'm having them install my new shocks. Anyone in the Md,DC, Northern Va know of any good reliable shops in my area let me know. I have came across a few shops, but by the looks of things I would take my new truck there. I had no idea it was going to be this hard to find a shop. Actually the dealer here has had the best angle on the whole thing and usually I'm anti-dealer for anything.

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
Dont really know any shops that do that besides Area 51 which is probly the shop in VA you're speaking of. Me and the truck guys i know do our own work out of our garages. I know we could arrange for you to get your drop done and cheaper than the 700-750 you were told. so i mean it's really up to you so PM me back with what you wanna do

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone ever heard of anyone using a flip kit with a 2" lift shackel to get a 4" drop? I saw a thread with a guy using a lift shackle to level out his leaning truck.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
YB_Average said:
It's a 03 ecsb. How much should it cost me to install it. One shop told me $700 which includes the McGauphy's 3/4 deluxe drop (spindles, hangers and shakels) plus I'm having them install my new shocks. Anyone in the Md,DC, Northern Va know of any good reliable shops in my area let me know. I have came across a few shops, but by the looks of things I would take my new truck there. I had no idea it was going to be this hard to find a shop. Actually the dealer here has had the best angle on the whole thing and usually I'm anti-dealer for anything.
The spindles will only give you a 2" drop, so I guess you mean a 2/4 drop? :think:
The shop is probably spending about 350-400 on the kit, and charging you 300-350 labor. That seems about right for a shop. Is the kit using the 17 + Tahoe spindles or the regular spindles? If you already have the compressor and air chisel, why not you go at it and save yourself the money? Make sure you have a nice and heavy hammer to pop out the balljoints off the spindle and a torch to heat up the rivets. Or you could just talk 01Lowboy and pay less for labor.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts