GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my new 04 Silverado 2500HD this week to replace my 02 Dodge Ram and I am pulling my Pioneer Indash screen, 6 disk DVD changer & XM module out of it. I ordered the Silverado with the LT package (EVERYTHING Available) and I want to know what I need in terms of wiring harnesses to get the Onstar to go through the new system, steering wheel controls to work (if possible), rear seperate stereo controls - can we keep this functioning?, and also, does anyone know if the stock XM antanna connectors will hook into my Pioneer XM module? I know this is alot of questions, but I would really like to know if all this stuff can work together... If it can't, it may make me decide just to keep the stock Bose system... TIA-J

·
Registered
277 Posts
if the radio has an input you can run the onstar through that, pac makes a module that will interface steering wheel controls, the xm box is behind the glovebox you can pull the plug for the antenna apart and use it with an aftermarket xm, ive done all of these things before so if you got any questions pm me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
metz said:
if the radio has an input you can run the onstar through that, pac makes a module that will interface steering wheel controls, the xm box is behind the glovebox you can pull the plug for the antenna apart and use it with an aftermarket xm, ive done all of these things before so if you got any questions pm me
Thanks for the help - Who is PAC? I definately will need that interface. I would like to look into it... :head:

·
Registered
277 Posts
www.crutchfield.com/S-m51cN8k9NNb/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=127SWIX

thats a link to the pac piece. the radio your putting in has to have a wireless remote. it works by hiding a remote eye that comes out of the unit where it can see the eye on the radio and programming the steering wheel controls to function as the wireless remote. its pretty cool. I dont really know if they have other brands of products like this, this is the only one im famillar with, weve been doing them for years with no problem

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
www.jpcustoms.com also sells the piece to hook up the factory steering controls... I have this on my screen in my 04 gmc... I also have the xm tuner and all the goodies... I had a shop install mine though so I cant help with all the technical questions... As long as the unit has an IR remote then the steering wheel modul will work since it learns the remote functions and acts like a remote itself...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aberbaseball7 said:
www.jpcustoms.com also sells the piece to hook up the factory steering controls... I have this on my screen in my 04 gmc... I also have the xm tuner and all the goodies... I had a shop install mine though so I cant help with all the technical questions... As long as the unit has an IR remote then the steering wheel modul will work since it learns the remote functions and acts like a remote itself...
Thanks guys - I had searched and found jpcustoms and it seems they have alot of little harness' and such to get most of the stock stuff to integrate into my headunit. It does have an IR remote so no worries there. :bowtie: Now I will just have to wait for the truck to get here and get a good installer. Have you guys heard anyone running the JL Stealthbox in their Silverado? I heard it was made for the Suburbans but they fit in the Silverados... I ordered a Crew Cab and will definately be needing some bass and am not sure if the JL Stealthbox (1 10") will be enough. If you guys have any suggestions on subs for an 04 Crew, Id appreciate it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would assume the stealthbox to be good, considering the thing costs around $700. I believe it's DVC with some high RMS handling. Too bad I didn't get to listen to one. Do a search for MTX thunderforms, Magnumrocks.com, or QLogic. They all make sub enclosures. :bowtie:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1badazzchevy said:
I would assume the stealthbox to be good, considering the thing costs around $700. I believe it's DVC with some high RMS handling. Too bad I didn't get to listen to one. Do a search for MTX thunderforms, Magnumrocks.com, or QLogic. They all make sub enclosures. :bowtie:
Thanks. MTX and Magnum don't make a box for the crewcab yet. I have a thunderform in my Dodge I am selling now, it hits alright, but I have always been partial to JL's (great experiences with them hitting hard). I have owned 2 different MTX thunderforms and while they sould pretty good, they don't HIT like my other sub boxes used to... I still am hopeful someone may read this and say.. YEP I installed the Suburban Stealthbox in my Silverado and it HITS!!! Let me know guys! $700 is a lot of dough to pay if you haven't heard any comments..
Thanks,
J :rocking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts