GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My carbon fiber euros just came in and I have never watched anyone install taillights so I am not positively sure what to do. It dont seem like it would be a time-consuming job, but what do I need to do step-by-step? :help:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Let down your tailgate unscrew the tail lights from the side, disconnect the bulbs(they will twist out) and insert the bulbs into new tail light and screw back in. Repeat for other tail light. Oh and then shut the tailgate! lol

Very simple man.

·
Rgv Truck Ridaz
19 Posts
post pics once ur done........are these the APC carbon fiber lights for step side?where did u get them and how much!!!!

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
silverado_dude said:
Forgot to mention I got a stepside if that changed anything about the process...
Nope...still just lowering the tailgate and taking out the two screws that hold them in. Good luck...lets not forget the pics when done either :naughty:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
35thslp2002ss said:
post pics once ur done........are these the APC carbon fiber lights for step side?where did u get them and how much!!!!

I got the APC carbon fibers for stepside from directauto.com for $175. I'll have them installed at the end of this week whenever I go back home for the weekend.

Attachments

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I don't usually care for too much APC stuff...but those aren't too bad to me...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RedneckDude said:
I don't usually care for too much APC stuff...but those aren't too bad to me...
I know what you mean. I used to like those silver ones back when I was younger but I finally noticed that they stand out too much. I think these go good with my paint color. Can't wait to get them on. :flamingde

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sierraon22s said:
They're not too bad, if you ever get tired of them you can smoke 'em.
Smoking them would look pretty sweet. I never even heard of smoking taillights until I got on this site. :gmfs: What do you have to do exactly? Take the housing apart, and just tint the inside of the lense? If it seems simple, I might do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts