GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GMFS Night Crew
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have my tweeters installed on my a frame, but I'm wanting them to face me and not the windshield. How would I go about getting this done? Fiberglass? Let me know y'alls thoughts!

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you would have to do some cutting and maybe some molding to get that done. I think Id rather have them face the window so the sound has a chance to bounce and then come back to you and meet up with the sound from the door speakers so it hits at the same time, ish. It would improve the imaging and make it sound more natural

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
I second Forklift's advice. If you mount them in the "A" pillar, facing you, the sound will also seem too "bright" forcing you to adjust the equalization curve, and dulling the sound and imaging.

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
^^ same here... if i was you i would just try it out as is.. and if you dont like it then work on makeing it to your likening. No need to make extra work for nothing

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
ur welcome

·
Registered
384 Posts
btw, what would be considered a "normal" charge for installing the tweeter in the a-frame?
depends on how they do it. Get into 'glassing them and price goes up.

·
Registered
377 Posts
you would have to do some cutting and maybe some molding to get that done. I think Id rather have them face the window so the sound has a chance to bounce and then come back to you and meet up with the sound from the door speakers so it hits at the same time, ish. It would improve the imaging and make it sound more natural
I agree!! thats why surround sound off sets each others angle. so it reflects each other but still carries that realistic sound. If it comes right at you, it will out play the passenger side one and not sound so life like.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you really want to have them facing towards you then you can do this. Pull the pillar off and where the headliner meets it you will notice that there is a small block of 'foam. You can take and cut a hole in the headliner itself and insert the tweeter there and the foam will help support it. But I personally believe that sound wise you will be happier running it parallel to the windshield. good luck with the install!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts