GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Im looking to either get an Escalade style or Denali style Cluster for my truck...so far I've only been able to find these part #'s to use on GMpartsdirect.com

Escalade/Denali/2500 Instrument Cluster
# 15073350 - Escalade
# 16252295 - Denali

But the Denali # isn't working...does anybody know what the part number is? also, does anybody have any of the part numbers for the white-faced models? They need to work on 99-02 style models...not the 03-up ones. Thanks!

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody???

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
as far as I know, GM never had factory white face gauge clusters for any of the 99-02 trucks. They had the silverado/sierra with or without trans temp. Escalade cluster and then the denali cluster. If you want white face, you'll need a gauge overlay.

But seriously, fuck buying one from GM parts direct. A lot of times you can get them cheaper on ebay and some with free shipping and free mileage programming.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There hasn't been nothing on ebay over the last month of me looking for under $250 thats new...plus they want $100+ to reprogram it. I did find a couple, but then the dude wants me to send my stock one to him and I dont want to do that. So, he'll tack on another $200 since I won't send it to him :wank: nah, i'll pass

GM parts direct is selling them brand new for $225...all i need is the part number for the one I want and i'll be set.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
I feel your pain z71edge. I have been looking for an 01-02 denali cluster for the past six months. I have spoken with a number of dealers and they all seem to be in agreement. GM has discontinued the denali cluster. If they need one, it is purchased from a supplier that has rebuilt ones. In the past, when a customer had a malfunctioning cluster, they would order one from the supplier, give them the mileage and engine hours and send the "broken" core back. The supplier would then repair the core and sell it to the next dealership that needed one.

It is possible to get a "new" denali cluster, but a core of the same type is supposed to be returned. If not, they will charge an outrageous core charge.

The part number you have is correct (16252295), but there is a "more specific" part number located on the actual cluster. I'm not sure if the part number you have is a generic number for the denali and there is an additional digit or different digit on the cluster in the vehicle.

But wait, it gets better. Then they MUST :hmm: have your VIN number!

I'm not sure why it's such a PITA to get an 01-02 denali cluster. I guess the whole acurate mileage thing plays into it. Go figure.

Please PM me if you find out how to get one.

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
Hallelujah!! Be gone evil speedo demons! I found a guy in Connecticut through many hours searching Ebay. His name is Carl Cowles with Digital Dash Solutions (860-583-0629). I got a 120 MPH Denali cluster in mint condition with the mileage and hours set.
I honestly can't remember how much, but it was reasonable. He's lacking a little in the personality department, but the transaction was very easy and shipping to Bham, AL only took two days.
He does ask that you send your old core back, but sooo worth it and he gives you 90 days to do so.

Truck009.jpg

Truck008.jpg

Truck007.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts