GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone sent in their 00-02 Escalade cluster in for servicing involving the stepper motors and upgrading the software? Getting ready to send my Escalade cluster to Carl for updating the odometer but wonder if it is really necessary to upgrade the software or stepper motor as a preventive measure.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
How many miles are on the cluster? Not every cluster has that problem, I probably wouldn't waste my time if it's running okay. But that's just me.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Escalade cluster only has 9900 miles on it. Going to cost me $100 plus shipping to reprogram the odometer to match the 88,440 I have on it.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
so all your going to do is reprogram the miles on it, if so the dealer can do it for 89 dollars, if the the stepper motors arent messed up i wouldnt touch them, they mess up real easy even if you replace them

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
i know a guy thats a service writer at a local dealership and he was gonna have them reprogram mine for free, but apparently they couldn't in my '01 with an '02 cluster. he gave me the phone # for autocraft and i drove across town and had them program it for $45. worthless story to you? probably. i don't care.

edit: give them a call and see if you can ship yours to them or if they have a branch anywhere near you http://automotive.atcle.com/aeweb/app?page=ContactUs&service=page

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know a guy thats a service writer at a local dealership and he was gonna have them reprogram mine for free, but apparently they couldn't in my '01 with an '02 cluster. he gave me the phone # for autocraft and i drove across town and had them program it for $45. worthless story to you? probably. i don't care.

edit: give them a call and see if you can ship yours to them or if they have a branch anywhere near you http://automotive.atcle.com/aeweb/app?page=ContactUs&service=page
Thanks, I sent them an email too.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speed O Tach is who I will be sending my cluster to: Quoted $45 plus shipping to do it the same day of receipt and returned to me a couple days afterwords. This will save me the $55 plus shipping that I would have sent to Carl Cowles.
Thanks guys for the lead.

Mitch :wave:

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Are the stepper motors hard to replace? The voltage meter in my denali cluster is dead but i figure maybe i can swap it from my stock cluster.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Speed O Tach is who I will be sending my cluster to: Quoted $45 plus shipping to do it the same day of receipt and returned to me a couple days afterwords. This will save me the $55 plus shipping that I would have sent to Carl Cowles.
Thanks guys for the lead.

Mitch :wave:
good to hear. digital dash solutions is a fucking joke. they sell rebuilt denali clusters for $250 shipped AND you have to send your stock cluster back in to him. I bought my NEW denali cluster for $165 shipped from another seller on ebay. Got the mileage programmed for $45 locally, and i still have my stock cluster that i could sell for $100 easy. So i'm out $210, or ~$110 if i sell my cluster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts