GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and so far looks to be alot of guys that know their stuff. I'm looking for suggestions on a new intake manifold for my truck. My mods are in my sig, and I will also be getting a 46mm Xtremefi Throttle body and a tune from Brian @ tbichips.com. I am also running the stock heads, So I know I wont be turning it much past 5K and focusing on that rpm range. I am planning on going with a Dual Plane carb intake, and running the trans dapt adapter for my Tb. I am going this route instead of an actual TBI intake is cuz I need a new EGR valve, and I can get a carb intake, and that adapter plate cheaper so i figure why not go the cheaper route and not have to mess with the EGR either. And I am going to have brian just tune out the EGR so that'll be one less thing I have to worry with(dont have to worry about emissions here).

I've narrowed it down to about 3 different ones.

Edelbrock Performer 2104/ idle-5500rpms

Weiand Action+Plus 8024/ idle-6000rpms

Holley Street Dominator 300-67/ idle-5500rpms

I'm just looking for suggestions. If any of you guys have ran these or anything, I'd like to know what you think about them. And any other suggestions you have, feel free to throw them my way. Thanks!

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
You pretty much have the right idea of what you need to be doing. I like edelbrock stuff myself. :)

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You're not still on TBI heads are you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're not still on TBI heads are you?

Yeah, I know, I know. But I had to get this motor built on a sudden moment and I had to stick to a short budget, so I couldnt really afford the vortec heads(or any others for that matter) and i wouldve had to buy an intake as well. And more than likely definetly had to get a tune. So i just put the stockers back on it. And thats only been about a month ago, so I kinda hate to go tearing into it again.

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
Yeah, I know how that feels. I wish I could've done so much when we rebuilt Bessie's 350...*sigh.* As it is, I'm stuck with stock intake manifold, heads, cam, everything. My cheap-ass set of headers blew out at the collectors, so I'm even running with stock exhaust manifolds...I like her power as it is, but I can imagine what she'd be like if I could really let the power out.

Oh well, when the body finally dissolves off my g'pa's '82 I might be getting the 454 out of it. Then we can have some fun :)

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Eh, I'd just wait until you can do heads at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts