GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4.8, can I put any LS1 Intake Manifold on? See I have no clue when it come to this stuff. If not is there any aftermarket intake for the 4.8?

THX

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
any ls1 or the related manifolds will work. truck manifolds flow better than ls1, ls6 is better than both. F.A.S.T. makes an aftermarket manifold too...and i dunno what else.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Wait a minute!! Will this be your only mod???? If you dont have a cam, heads or headers. Or all of those mods. The LS1 intake is really pointless.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh see thats was the answer I was expecting! I ant got shit lol. I have Intake and exhaust.

So let me ask this can I do a cam next? If not what should be next? Headers? Program?

Heads sound a little more serious than I want to go.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
cam and headers would be nice...tune to bring it all together right.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
any intake for an LS1/LS6 application would work. FAST/Weiend/BBK, etc. You just have to move your accy's around to clear the new intake since its MUCH lower than the factory truck intake.

with a cam, longtubes, and tune, a FAST intake would make pretty good gains.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
stick with the truck intake until you are making silly power or trying to spin it to the moon... a moderate cam and long tube headers will help you more at this point...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Don't waste your time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
ls1 intakes look better...if you're in to that sort of thing...like me. i have one forsale in the classifieds that i smoothed and painted

come on guys it was free plug...what'd ya expect LOL

·
Registered
706 Posts
headers and tune are the are a good start. I'd look into that and depending on what you have you may be able to get rid of your EGR & AIR to clean up under the hood a little more when you do the headers and tune as well. small additions to the trans help too, stuff i have yet to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts