GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 6.0 and was wondering if i could use and ls intake manifold on it i have a typhoon intake manifold and wasnt sure if it would even work if anyone knows anything about it and has any info that would be great and also if anyone knows if the pacesetter long tubes would fit a 2500 6.0 i heard they do but wasnt sure

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
All of it is a waste of time . Keep the stocker. As far as the pacesetters they will work fine but you obviously can't use the y-pipe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the after maket intake isnt worth it even if i run n2o and how much nitrious could i put to a 6.0 with 100,000 miles on it

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
so the after maket intake isnt worth it even if i run n2o and how much nitrious could i put to a 6.0 with 100,000 miles on it
Well that all would depend on what your plans for the truck are. Honestly, it sounds like you are a step above being clueless(nothing wrong with that we all have to learn). I would suggest letting us know what your realistic plans for the truck are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im sorry im just gettin into the newer trucks havent had anything this new before i do drive it daily and have some stuff done to it a trick flow cold air and super chips tuner but i want to get rid of that to get an hp tune and i have a cat back with the dyno max x pipe muffler 3" if any of that helps i dont want to do internal motor work yet

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
im sorry im just gettin into the newer trucks havent had anything this new before i do drive it daily and have some stuff done to it a trick flow cold air and super chips tuner but i want to get rid of that to get an hp tune and i have a cat back with the dyno max x pipe muffler 3" if any of that helps i dont want to do internal motor work yet
If that's all you have planned then the stock truck intake will be just fine. It actually flows better than the ls1 intake. The ls6 intake is a joke for the cost to swap to it to see maybe a .1 improvement, and any aftermarket intake is going to be too expensive for the minimal gains you may see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well wut would you suggest to do i mean once i need a motor i'll do a cam and head work but until then what should i do long tubes pulleys i ran a truck that goes 14.8 on motor and i was dead even at the end i want to spray it too i just dont know wut size shot would be safe on the motor

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
brockton, eh?

got any pictures of your truck?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Gray ext cab short bed?

Pacesetters will fit fine, just got to fab up the ypipe back.

I haven't heard bout that intake, but the stock truck manifold flows fairly well. As far as the n2o it really depends on the condition of the motor, but a 125 is a safe bet, even 150. Just depends on how much you use it and such.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
The HDs have the dual in single out muff. So the pacesetter y making it into a single exhaust doesnt work.

What he could do is buy the pacesetters and y and buy a catback for a 5.3 truck.

Yeah that I know (physically), I mean if you junked all that factory 70mm piping and went to a single 3"... would it then fit up in there?

Yes, the single on the HD makes a huge difference apparently from the few that have been smart enough to do it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
my pacesetter y pipe was :jester: it SUCKED

lol, you get what you pay for as we know.

Ever get that axle fixed? I finally got a steal on some rear 4.56:1 to match the front.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Yeah that I know (physically), I mean if you junked all that factory 70mm piping and went to a single 3"... would it then fit up in there?

Yes, the single on the HD makes a huge difference apparently from the few that have been smart enough to do it.
My friends 2500hd has pacesetters, ory and a GM performance catback for a 5.3 truck. :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
My friends 2500hd has pacesetters, ory and a GM performance catback for a 5.3 truck. :D

And how much better is the power from 2-4k with that single pipe/

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts