GMC Truck Forum banner

intake ? on a 6.0

1168 Views 16 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Kevin
i have a 6.0 and was wondering if i could use and ls intake manifold on it i have a typhoon intake manifold and wasnt sure if it would even work if anyone knows anything about it and has any info that would be great and also if anyone knows if the pacesetter long tubes would fit a 2500 6.0 i heard they do but wasnt sure
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,204 Posts

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,204 Posts
The HDs have the dual in single out muff. So the pacesetter y making it into a single exhaust doesnt work.

What he could do is buy the pacesetters and y and buy a catback for a 5.3 truck.

Yeah that I know (physically), I mean if you junked all that factory 70mm piping and went to a single 3"... would it then fit up in there?

Yes, the single on the HD makes a huge difference apparently from the few that have been smart enough to do it.

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,204 Posts
my pacesetter y pipe was :jester: it SUCKED

lol, you get what you pay for as we know.

Ever get that axle fixed? I finally got a steal on some rear 4.56:1 to match the front.

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,204 Posts
My friends 2500hd has pacesetters, ory and a GM performance catback for a 5.3 truck. :D

And how much better is the power from 2-4k with that single pipe/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.