GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the intake hose to install belt on my 00 silverado and found the bottom piece of the hose is busted and has several holes in it. My question is can I remove the bottom piece of the hose and seal up the hole or do I need the new piece? Will I lose performance or hurt anything if I remove it?

·
Registered
449 Posts
With all the dirt I can't see where all the holes are, but yeah tape it up or great excuse for cold air intake like Eric said, but you could seal the holes up until then and it won't hurt anything

·
Registered
601 Posts
Clean it and get some plastic weld and make a air tight seal, just make sure nothing will ever break off on the inside and get sucked into your motor.

You can always install a cold air intake as said above that might give you a little performance. You can even make a new one out of PVC pipe if your on a budget or if your like me and just like making things yourself.

·
Registered
419 Posts
make one from home depot 3" pipe and 3" 90 2 3" rubber couplings. done - 30 bucks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed the piece that was busted and taped the hole where it attached. Seems to be working fine. I just wonder what function that piece has. It was attached with a clamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts