GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a complete aftermarket intake system but i decided to just buy a k&n filter...I was thinking that all there is left is to replace the intake path from the box to the throttle body. Is there something to buy that replaces only the crappy stock intake tube?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I know someone makes a tube only... AirAid maybe. Just strap that tube on and hack the bottom of your box off for a cheapo FIPK. :shake:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, Airaid makes just the Tube that you can purchase. I had done this first with my stock air box and a K&N Drop-in filter and it seemed to work pretty good. Now I've got it paired with my Airaid cold air intake. Take a look @ airaidsales.com This is where I got mine from. Its called the airaid modular intake tube or MIT. Hope this helps.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
dude just pull the 2 silencers out of the box and hack that little baffle of the tube and plug it with a lid off a bottle of windshield washer fluid....i id this before i got a used fipk real cheap works good........you may have to wrap duct tap around the lids outer edger for it to seal good...do that and just taker a rubber mallett and hammer it in works like a cork..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the intake tube on my truck isnt like yours then....theres nothing to hack off...they made it look more natural and sleek but it is still designed to baffle the air, i think you are talkin about 99's

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that airaid tube you're talking about a replacement tube for their intake systems or does it install with the rest of the OEM shit?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
The AirAid tube replaces just from the TB to the MAF from what I recall about it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, the tube connects from the Throttle Body itself and goes to the MAF. It will adapt to either the stock air box or an aftermarket system. I originally used it with my stock box and a K&N drop in. Then I added an Airaid knockoff intake and it seems to work great for either application.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Glad I could help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts