GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the intakes that people are running? Is one better than the other one? I've been looking at the volant intake for the 04 Chevy...just curious on peoples opinions.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
volant seems to be a damn good intake.

i have a UPD. im happy with it but only get one if you can find one used for cheap. definatly not worth the 250 that they retail for.

if i didnt have this i would probably run an MIT tube from air-aid. it replaces your stock tubing(90% of the flow restriction) and you can keep your stock box. its only like 100 bux.

there is also the tru-flow which is the same thing but comes with a high flow filter

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I also am having trouble picking an intake.. I've done a lot of research and have found that many people are happy with Volant and the UPD.

I wouldn't buy either one for retail.. only if I saw on ebay or for sale.. otherwise I may wait or just buy the TrueFlow, or the airaid tube, then custom ram air :rocking:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got a Volant for my '04 from a gp at fsc for $245 shipped. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet so I can't tell you how well it performs.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Volant Cold Air Intake got it for FREE, XMAS gift and man I can totaly tell a difference. Took me an hour to install it (I am a moron and never installed an intake before) but the install went very smoothly, the instructions were helpful but some guess work is needed. I can tell there is a sound difference, alot deeper and theres some additional get up and go.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've had the Volant, K&N, and now Airaid. I think all are good. Both have good intake sound during hard acceleration, and the performance seems equal amongst all of them based on my experiences. As for looks, do you like the carbon fiber with Volant or do you like to look at at big red exposed filter?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts