GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intakes

I have an OBS and I am going to buy an intake. The K&N costs an a$$ load. Pace Setter and Granatelli make one but it only replaces half of it. Does any one know anything about these? Not sure if they make as much power but are over a 100 bucks cheaper! Also, would a Hypertech be a better choice instead of an intake?

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
For what you will pay for a Hypertech, you can get a Nelson tune. A far better choice. Just read some of the comments on the Nelson tune in the vendor section. As for the intake. I don't think you will go wrong with any of the 3 as long as your motor can breath better.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The power progammer will give you more power than the cold air but all of your choices are pretty good ones, but I would go with the full tube KN personally.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
The K&N is a bit pricey i agree but i think its worth it. Not sure what you have on your truck but if your lifted or have new gears maybe the hypertech is what you should do first. I noticed right away the difference i got with the hypertech 3. Intakes work a lot better when you have better flowing exhaust also.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Yeh id say the K&N is worth it too, and don't buy that hypertech junk, just wait until the Nelson tune comes out for your truck, which if im not mistaking, hes workin on it right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts