GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, long time lurker. I just put some CCFL's in my truck under the dash, I'll get pics later. I need some help with the wiring, I need to know where the wire that signals the courtessy lamps is. This way, I can kill those and use the CCFL's. Thanks in advance, boot.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, here's a pic of some I just put in my boat, I'll get picks of my truck later.

P6040683z.sized.gif

P6040684z.sized.gif

That's two 12" ones on each side. Freakin awesome effect at night.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Just pull the bulbs out and splice into where the bulb sockets are located under the dash. this would just be an easy way to do it but not very proffesional

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gotta(be)low said:
They're like neons but are a fraction of the cost, 10x brighter and about the size of a pencil. I love them. Linky! http://www.elwirecheap.com/noname.html

That's the link to the place I bought them at. They're really nice, I also got a pic of my truck. I've only got one on each side of the dash at the moment but it still does okay.

BTW, if you do choose to do these, order just the single power inverters listed on their site, they send you a double reguardless. It's only 50 cents but hey, it's 50 cents.

It's a Bayliner 2050 LS Capri. Just a pleasure craft but It's my baby. :D

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They'll be brighter soon. I'm going to add a reflective peice to them so that all the light is goind down instead of just everywhere. That and when I get the ones under the seats done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts