GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is mod that I have seen but cannot find now.

In the dome lights there are three lights: two light up with the push of a button and one when the door opens.

There is a mod that allows all three lights to light up when the door opens. Where is it?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
he must be talking about the 02- trucks with the overhead console reading lamps. He wants them to come on when he opens the door. You will have to run a wire from your cab light and splice it in to your reading lights. I'm not sure how it works, meaning if you jump the negative or positive. As sometimes the door switch activates a ground, rather then positive.

Mr. 960

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
make/model/year?

03 Yukon

he must be talking about the 02- trucks with the overhead console reading lamps. He wants them to come on when he opens the door. You will have to run a wire from your cab light and splice it in to your reading lights. I'm not sure how it works, meaning if you jump the negative or positive. As sometimes the door switch activates a ground, rather then positive.

Mr. 960

Exactly. The way I saw it though, they had done all the wiring in the dome lamp itself. They just used a small wire or something to connect the dome to the reading lights, but I don't know where or how...

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
If you dont come up with anything then ill look into hooking up some wires to see which one works

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
so run a wire from power to power with a diode on it.. seems easy enough.. wil try it out tomorrow if i have time to get the diode

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
woops.. i was mistaken and didnt read that you had a tahoe.. i thought this was for map lights to dome lights..
i tried running a wire with and without a diode from the dome to map lighting to no avail.. they still work in their own ways, but cant figure out a way for the map to be turned on with the dome lighting.. ganna keep searching

·
// Young & Reckless //
219 Posts
In my 03 Silverado my map lights won't come on unless the door is open. At that point I can turn them off and on but if I need them while driving for the gf or something I can't turn them on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts