GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to take off the airbag to sand it and paint it along with that handle/bar thats right above the airbag? :think:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah it'll come off. But you'd have to fiberglass it to be able to paint it along with the handle because it's soft plastic. And believe me it's a bitch to get off!! :imo Also if you did fiberglass and paint the airbag cover you would have to disconnect the airbag unless you want a passenger to get hit in the head by that fiberglassed airbag cover! :pow:

·
Is this thing on?
235 Posts
My whole interior is painted and we didnt have to fiberglass the airbag or the handle, I will try to get pictures of it later...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
airhead said:
My whole interior is painted and we didnt have to fiberglass the airbag or the handle, I will try to get pictures of it later...
How did you paint it then? Some sort of flexible paint or something?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I went to my local auto paint place. They had a special interior paint that he sold me for my dash. Its just like a factory paint, it not real shiny and it when it drys it stretches so it rarely has runs in it. It is a flexible paint but i really dont remember what all he said about it or what it was since it was so long ago. But i painted my fuse covers and just painted the lower dash uner the steering wheel and after a good 6 months it is just as it was when i sprayed it. Even after all the texas heat getting up well over 100 in the truck. I could get his # if you would like Claye and you could talk to him, he was very helpful and knew his shit.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
I went to my local auto paint place. They had a special interior paint that he sold me for my dash. Its just like a factory paint, it not real shiny and it when it drys it stretches so it rarely has runs in it. It is a flexible paint but i really dont remember what all he said about it or what it was since it was so long ago. But i painted my fuse covers and just painted the lower dash uner the steering wheel and after a good 6 months it is just as it was when i sprayed it. Even after all the texas heat getting up well over 100 in the truck. I could get his # if you would like Claye and you could talk to him, he was very helpful and knew his shit.
That'd be great. I'd like to ask him about that cause I have my whole dash painted except those parts.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Not sure of the guys name, but im sure he runs the place since it is small so just ask about the flexible interior paint and whatever else you want to ask.

English Color & Supply Incorporated
5015 Old Jacksboro Highway
Wichita Falls, TX 76302
940-322-4477

·
Is this thing on?
235 Posts
My's normal paint with flex added. Use plastic promoter. Make sure you get it clean you dont want anything on there that will affect the paint. So dont clean your dash with Son of a Gun or anything like that for a month or so before you want to paint it. It's all n the prep process....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts