GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to try something new for interior use only, like on door panels, steering wheels, etc to break up and get rid of soiled dirt, etc.
Is there something out there to do it all?

·
Registered
374 Posts
looking to try something new for interior use only, like on door panels, steering wheels, etc to break up and get rid of soiled dirt, etc.
Is there something out there to do it all?
Although I haven't used one in quite some time (And don
t know why I haven't) a citrus based cleaner works GREAT for interiors and leaves it smelling fresh. Right now I've been using P&S Shine-All diluted about 10:1 for interiors (on dirtier vehicles I'll hit it with a few spritz' of Simple Green). Scrub it with a brush or finishing grade scotch-brite, works like a charm :D

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm like orange clean or some sort? never thought of that... nor using simple green. :hmm:

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Highly recommend using p21s total auto wash. Has a great scent!! This is the same cleaner that I used on the jeep liberty detail that I posted in this forum a few weeks ago. It will definitely do the job you're looking for. However, I would suggest following it up w/ a product like Natural Look or protectant plus for some protection on the dash.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Highly recommend using p21s total auto wash. Has a great scent!! This is the same cleaner that I used on the jeep liberty detail that I posted in this forum a few weeks ago. It will definitely do the job you're looking for. However, I would suggest following it up w/ a product like Natural Look for some protection on the dash.
My whole interior has been color changed with soem dye. Ive been scared to use anything on it for fear it might take it off, anything you know of that wont hurt the dye?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
I drive on a dirt road all the time with the windows down, just looking for something to wipe it down with. Doesnt need to ad shine cause its gloss black, not flat.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I drive on a dirt road all the time with the windows down, just looking for something to wipe it down with. Doesnt need to ad shine cause its gloss black, not flat.
I have to admit, I have no personal experience cleaning a dyed dash panel before. However, since you will not be attempting to deep clean the dash and just doing a wipe down, protectant plus should do what you're looking for. I would use a duster or lightly damp towel to pick up heavy dust first, then proceed to wipe down w/ protectant plus. Just to be safe, I would test an area, like near the door jamb, to make sure it will not cause bleeding or removal of your dye. If the dye has had time to cure, I dont see it being a problem though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts