GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys use to clean your seats? i have cloth seats im a tech, and do alot of work so the seats get dirty and smell great! I dont want to use a shampoo machine since all the water u cant get out of the seat... I wonder if a steamer would be the best? any pros out there with a tip??

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Seat Covers:thumbsup:

but no, i wouldnt have a clue...i just cover my seats with a sheet, and change it every week. i dont get real dirty...my floor gets the worst part of it...simply because it collects the sand, and dirt, and rocks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked at seat covers but i dont want to pay 200+ front two front seat covers, and the ones for less $ Im not to sure they will fix and look good.... but a steamer would be greta for under the hood too.... I found one for like 30 shipped

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, well such is life stuff gets dirty, but with 7000miles on it and being my first car i bought off the dealership lot I want to keep it real clean....

·
OG
1,498 Posts
I'd pull the seat covers off and get them steam cleaned. Then you can shampoo all you want and make sure they're dry before you put them back on. There's a nice write up on how to disassemble and reassemble the seats in our 'interior' section. This is what I'd do.

Then just put a blanket or sheet (like mentioned) after you're done cleaning.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a good idea but since i have two antique caddys I need to clean the interior , trunk, and underhood and chassis i think the vapor steamer will pay for its self.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
I've never steamed an interior... too much residual water will get into the foam padding IMO... get yourself an extractor if you want to do it right... something like the bissel little green machine will do the trick.

·
Lifted 2wd
773 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread. But the last post said the little green machine would be safe to use on cloth seats. Is this correct? I tried to use it on a little part of one of my seats, but it didnt seem to pull the water back out.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Yea, i'm not so sure I'd use it on seats. W/ the foam/cushioning beneath the fabric, it'll absorb a lot of the water and hold it, not letting the machine pull it back up too efficiently like you mentioned. I'd probably stick to some standard cleaning methods. If you had to use a machine, a steamer would probably be a better choice though I think.

·
Lifted 2wd
773 Posts
Yea, i'm not so sure I'd use it on seats. W/ the foam/cushioning beneath the fabric, it'll absorb a lot of the water and hold it, not letting the machine pull it back up too efficiently like you mentioned. I'd probably stick to some standard cleaning methods. If you had to use a machine, a steamer would probably be a better choice though I think.
What would you use to clean cloth seats, besides a steamer?

·
Joseph K
2,536 Posts
I use my steamer on mine... works great and gets them smelling better after I get sweat all over them from basketball and work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts