GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Tin Benders Jamboree this weekend at the Hammers and had an incredible time and as usual, came back with an incredible story. Early Saturday morning Esteban86K5, DWitcher and I were cruising around the valley floor trying to decide on which trail to run when we saw a guy walking across the valley carrying a camera and far behind him was a guy with a case and boom. The guy with the camera was close to the trail head so we went to the guy with the case and boom and asked if he needed a ride. We visited with both of them and found out they were filming a pilot for a new series to be aired on the Outdoor Channel. To make a long story short; they rode with us most of the day videoing us and other rigs (we had JR join us) and they interviewed a couple of guys; namely JR and me. They filmed us pretty much all day on various trails and rode between trails in the Rockstar Limo. I must say, their first question when they met us was “What can you tell us about this very unusual vehicle” and the Jason story was on!

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems the Outdoor channel is now onboard for a spring 2010 start up of Krawler Nation. The Outdoor Channel is 100% behind the programming idea and has taken responsibility for 50% of the advertising sales to make it happen. As of now, the guys at Krawler Nation are scrambling to sale ads to cover the balance. I’ll keep you updated as I hear more.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Per the guys at Krawler Nation; “There will be a big exciting announcement coming very soon and the Pilot and the show will follow shortly afterwards”. :worship:

Also, Este and I; along with Jason’s Rock Star Limo, will be the chase vehicle hauling the camera crews for Krawler Nation in February at the King of the Hammers race in Johnson Valley! :gethim:

Anyone coming to the King of the Hammers be sure and stop by and say HI :wave:

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
be sure to keep us updated when this is going to be televised, I definately want to see this.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure if it is outdoor channel or not; that is part of the announcement and they are keeping it to themselves right now. We all will find our the first of January. They have clips on their website now: www.krawlernation.com

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Per the guys at Krawler Nation; “There will be a big exciting announcement coming very soon and the Pilot and the show will follow shortly afterwards”. :worship:

Also, Este and I; along with Jason’s Rock Star Limo, will be the chase vehicle hauling the camera crews for Krawler Nation in February at the King of the Hammers race in Johnson Valley! :gethim:

Anyone coming to the King of the Hammers be sure and stop by and say HI :wave:
That's really cool Ken! I've been meaning to give you a call, what days are you guys going to be down there? Most of NorCal is going down for the majority of the week.

We also need to chat about January if you're interested in going out to the lakebed for another afternoon:)

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's really cool Ken! I've been meaning to give you a call, what days are you guys going to be down there? Most of NorCal is going down for the majority of the week.

We also need to chat about January if you're interested in going out to the lakebed for another afternoon:)
Mr. Kyle, first thank you for the offer in December but the boss and I leave next Wednesday for the coast until January 4 - once again she knows I need to not be at home for Christmas. As for the King of the Hammers on the 12th of February; I had heard you guys plan on invading the Hammers either Monday the 8th or Tuesday. I'm sorry to say I have the representatives for a large investment fund flying into LAX on the 7th and flying out the 14th but they have agreed that I will drop them off on the 11th so I can go to the KOH. At first I was not going at all but I begged them and they said they could live without me for one day. I'm thinking I will stay in LA that night (11th) and then meet Este in Johnson Valley early Friday morning. At this point I may have to leave Friday night and be back in LA so I can tour with them again on Saturday and Sunday; don't know final schedule yet. As I find out more I will keep you informed. Also don't forget Tin Bender Jamboree is scheduled for 24th of April and like last time we can stay all weekend. The guys at Poly Performance "made" me agree to show again this year for this event and most likely the guys from Krawler Nation will be with us once again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts