GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Bill, I go by BillaVista, and I'm the senior tech editor over at pirate4x4.com.

There's quite a few articles I've written over the years that might interest some of you - lots of 14-boilt stuff for example.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/

I just joined the "club" as my wife bought me a 2007 Silverado 2500HD (Classic) for my birthday this January.
:)

I do have a quick initial question - I'm looking for an Advance or Fold-a-cover 4-panel folding hard tonneau cover (I'm set on one of those)

I've found the following prices on-line:

Truck add ons.com: 580.74
Truckstuffusa.com: 685
www.davestonneaucovers.com: 619 (free shipping)
www.amazingtruckaccessories.com: 539
www.truckchamp.com: 533.47 (free shipping)

I've read terrible reports about truck add ons.com, so they're probably out.

Has anyone any experience with the others - particularly the last two?

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome guys

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Sorry Bill, don't have any feedback on any of those sellers, but welcome to the site, I lurk on Pirate, glad to have you here! :D:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there!

Sweet looking truck in your sig - have any details? Lift? tires? rims?

Cheers

Sorry Bill, don't have any feedback on any of those sellers, but welcome to the site, I lurk on Pirate, glad to have you here! :D:D

·
4,725 Posts
Bill, big welcome to you brother! Your articles have been a great help to many including myself over the past years.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
welcome to the site, i know your tech atricles have been an inspiration to many

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Welcome to the site! I was just discussing with my buddy how many great articles you have over on Pirate:worship:

Wish I could be more help with your question, sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awww shucks - yer makin' me blush!

For gawd's sake don't tell the Pirate crowd I'm in love with Mauro's truck - a lifted IFS truck - I'll be banned! ;)

Mauro - is that grill stock from 04 or is it after-market. The truck really looks nice and well balanced.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Awww shucks - yer makin' me blush!

For gawd's sake don't tell the Pirate crowd I'm in love with Mauro's truck - a lifted IFS truck - I'll be banned! ;)

Mauro - is that grill stock from 04 or is it after-market. The truck really looks nice and well balanced.
Hahah I won't tell :D Thanks for the kind words though. The grille is stock, just has a billet insert as well as a billet bowtie, although I plan on an 06 grille and hood to update the look :D:D

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
:head: Welcome to the site. I lurk on pirate and my brother posts under krawlfreak. Congrats on the new truck, can't really help you with your question though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bill, big welcome to you brother! Your articles have been a great help to many including myself over the past years.

Hey, your PM Box is full. Checked out that article. Thumbs up - no worries. The more that know the beter with that stuff.

B

1 - 15 of 15 Posts