GMC Truck Forum banner

Inverting Superlift Shocks

2131 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MotoHead
I inverted (flipped) my front Superlift shocks pretty recently to see how they would look. They ride just the same and Ive had no problems. But it seems that not a lot of lifted trucks have inverted shocks unless of course they are running Fox shocks or King shocks etc. Is there a reason why Superlift and other lift kit manufactures dont usually run their shocks inverted?

MotoHead
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· OG Member
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if they ever do go bad on me its no big deal because I plan to change out all my shocks anyway. The new Bilstein 5150 shocks look pretty nice. Anybody know much about them?

MotoHead

· OG Member
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
y2kboti said:
Moto I'm surprised you are still running Superlift shocks. Mine were shot is no time, when I pulled them off and went w/ Ranchos back in the day I could play with them as if they were an accordian. There was almost no resistance.
I know i need to replace them. Ive just been spending money on other mods that I desire more. About how much did it cost you for all 6 Fox shocks?

MotoHead

· OG Member
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I decided to flip the shocks back to normal positions to be on the safe side after hearing some of the feedback.

Jeff, are these up coming Fox shocks your talkin about gonna be around the same price as the Fox shocks that are currently out?

MotoHead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.