GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to get an idea of 0-60 times on my car. How can i do this safely by keeping eyes on road? Are there aps for ipones? Something cheep you can buy I have no clue..... thanks!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I have used dynolicious
Give you 1/4 mile times and everything

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
just use the timer? you might be off by a few tenths but still gives you a good idea

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought dynolicious and have about three other free ones. None of them seem to be consisitent. Dynolicious is better than the free ones though, but for $10 or $12 that it cost, it should be better.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought dynolicious and have about three other free ones. None of them seem to be consisitent. Dynolicious is better than the free ones though, but for $10 or $12 that it cost, it should be better.
can you tell me more about dynolicious? I have no idea where to buy or download. Does it work off your iphone? I don't want to worry about stopwatches or looking at my speedo when i pull of to the side of the road and get back on.

Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
go to the app store on your iphone. type in dynolicious and there are a couple different ones depending on what IOS update you have. Once you have the app on your phone, open it and it will tell you to find a safe spot to do it. Once you hit test, you can place the phone on a flat spot so that it doesn't move, then it will light up a green go button. you just run it like you want, and at the 1/4 mile it will switch to a red button saying the test is over. Then it will give you the basics 1/4 mile and speed, but you can go into more details and it will break it down for you, 0-60, as well as all the other speeds and 1/8 mile etc time.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I'd really like to only hit 60 and not have to keep it to the wood all the way to 1/4 mile. Don't want to hit 80mph + just to see my 0-60 times. :hmm:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks! I'd really like to only hit 60 and not have to keep it to the wood all the way to 1/4 mile. Don't want to hit 80mph + just to see my 0-60 times. :hmm:
You can just get off the gas after you reach 60 and just continue the rest of the way at a slower speed. After you reach the 1/4 mile mark it will still give you 0-60 times.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've heard it has not been updated in years and crashes all the time??? On the stop watch my truck did 0-60 in about 6.9? Does this seem right for 3:73 ECSB 2wd Sierra 5.3 Tuned?

go to the app store on your iphone. type in dynolicious and there are a couple different ones depending on what IOS update you have. Once you have the app on your phone, open it and it will tell you to find a safe spot to do it. Once you hit test, you can place the phone on a flat spot so that it doesn't move, then it will light up a green go button. you just run it like you want, and at the 1/4 mile it will switch to a red button saying the test is over. Then it will give you the basics 1/4 mile and speed, but you can go into more details and it will break it down for you, 0-60, as well as all the other speeds and 1/8 mile etc time.

·
Registered
614 Posts
my buddy has an app that wirelessly connects to a plug u stick in the obd2 port. it works ok

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
but is 6.89 pretty good 0-60??? Or is it way off? I punched the button, never taking my eyes off the speedometer then hit it once I got to 60.

Mr. 960

·
jewish misanthropist
486 Posts
I'm pretty positive most of these apps are a little off. Said my buddies stock, automatic POS 94 Dakota ran a 17 second quarter mile, with a 7 second 0-60, and that thing is slower than molasses in January.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts