GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway i can get my ipod hooked up to the factory radio other than replacing it? this is actaully for my 06 tbss, sucks not being able to use my ipod in it plus i havent got the xm activated yet nor can i play mp3 cds in it so im going crazy with just regular cds and the fm channels!

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
2 ways
I have a direct input FM modulator with 2 GM antenna adapters Im selling that interrupts one FM radio station and inserts the music on that, or
www.peripheralelectronics.com for a direct adapter that will control the radio and charge it

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the fm modulator similar to some satelite radio hookups that broadcast a fm signal and you just tune to the fm frequency?

if those work good id be more tempted to go with it since i could use it in another vehicle if i wanted but with the direct adapter it would just be for that truck.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Drew please let me know what you decide to do. I'm on the same boat. I know they make some things that hook into the radio some how. I also know they are not cheap.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
LaissezLesBonTempsRoulez
264 Posts
^^^ x2 work well

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i am going to just save up for the new headunit. im looking at the kenwood dnx7140 or the dnx9140, thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i installed a aux jack that cost $2.50 i basically hi jacking the xm so your ipod plays through the factory radio sounds great, no static. i found the instructions on alavanche forums. You do have to cut a couple of wires that go from the xm tuner to the factory radio.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
i installed a aux jack that cost $2.50 i basically hi jacking the xm so your ipod plays through the factory radio sounds great, no static. i found the instructions on alavanche forums. You do have to cut a couple of wires that go from the xm tuner to the factory radio.
yeah

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
is the fm modulator similar to some satelite radio hookups that broadcast a fm signal and you just tune to the fm frequency?

if those work good id be more tempted to go with it since i could use it in another vehicle if i wanted but with the direct adapter it would just be for that truck.
its a direct piece, plugs right into the back of the radio, you just need to tap ignition and ground
100_1054-1.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts