GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 classic with the bose system and i was wondering what the best way to hook my ipod up to my system. I am not looking for an FM transmitter. Money is not really an issue here because i have some set aside for this reason. I was leaning towards not getting a new HU because i like my steering wheel controls and 6 disk. I would preferably like to be able to do it myself. thanks a bunch. btw i used search but i couldn't compile all of the data that i needed!

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
i think they have this fm thing at best buy or something its not a transmittor but you hook the anntannae up to the little box than the cord thats on the box you put to the radio and it has the jack for your ipod so then from there i guess you select your station and it sounds good.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing cept I have a Dell MP3 player so hopefully theres some non-Ipod specific adapters out there

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I can get a few of them from places like USA Spec and Peripheral Electronics
Most are around $100-$140 depening on a few things

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Yeah look to spend $100 more or less for a quality unit. These maintain steering wheel controls and all the bells & whistles... PAC has an interface as well

-John

·
Master Pastor
153 Posts
Peripheral Electronics ipod2car is what i used, $100 at best buy, took about 10 minutes to install

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
not to jack the thread but Scott, what would work for my old school Dell MP3 player...i don't have steering wheel controls so I'm not worried about that...I assume no matter what I do, I won't be able to control my Dell from the head unit (Can't see how that would work) so i guess I'm really just looking for some kind of aux input then?

·
9,823 Posts
not to jack the thread but Scott, what would work for my old school Dell MP3 player...i don't have steering wheel controls so I'm not worried about that...I assume no matter what I do, I won't be able to control my Dell from the head unit (Can't see how that would work) so i guess I'm really just looking for some kind of aux input then?
just an aux in is all you need
USA Spec or PE, PM me if you need one

·
9,823 Posts
wow thanks man... could you kind of walk me through the install process?
remove the radio, adjust the dip switches on the box, plug in the harness, wire in the constant and ground, put it all back together

1 - 10 of 10 Posts