GMC Truck Forum banner

IPod2Car Stopped Working!!! Help!!!

588 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jonyb 
#1 ·
Hey yall... I have a problem... the other day I was talking about the ipod2car while drivin in my truck and my friend said... "hey can you still listen to cd's?" and I had to think about it for a second cause i hadnt tried it in so long since i had the ipod hooked up... and so I said "well, I think so.. but i forget... lets try real quick." So i popped one in and pushed the cd/aux button and it switched over to cd and it worked... no big deal. Then I pushed it again and it went right back to the ipod. Everything worked like it should. The next day... I tried runnin my ipod like i do every day... and well... nothing happened. It wont recognize it anymore when you push the cd/aux button! Only the radio and cd's will work now! I am really frustrated! Any ideas? I havent tried tearin into the dash yet.. but i will if i have to. Help! :guns:

#3 ·
hey man, yeah its charged... the ipod works fine... and the ipod2car actually charges it. Thats the thing.... it still charges it when i plugh the ipod2car in, but it doesnt transmit the music where the radio will recognize it.

#4 ·
I don't know. Unplug the ipod2car to reset it then see what happens.

I knew the ipod2car charged it, but it only charges when you plug it in, and if that's only a couple minutes at a time then it's not charging enough. My wife leaves hers in the car and after about 2 weeks the ipod is too dead to play, even when plugged into the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.