GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody on here have the irok swampers?

I realize they are an aggresive tire, but how is the ride quality? Being a non-radial tire, are they bouncy and do they give you a lot of steering wheel shake? I'm pretty sure they are non-directional tires, can anyone confirm this. My last 2 sets of tires were directional, and I get bad tire wear when i rotate them front to back, instead of criss-cross.

If i ran the 36x13.50/20's, do you think i could get 25,000 miles out of them?

Also, if anyone has pics of any truck, any body style with 36's and 20's, please post them for me... I'm trying to decide on some new tires here.

Thanks for the help!

One more thing- i know these are 40" tires, but what are your opinions on these 20" rims if they were on 36's?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
they are bias ply and very soft, softer than a TSL - they will wear fast. Also they ARE directional. Awesome offroad tire - but not great for a mainly road truck. Get you some TSL radials :rocking:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know.. but the price is good on them:

Retail prices, no tax, un-mounted, no f.e.t.:

36" iroks= $770
36" tsl radials= $1100
36" sts radials= $1130

The iroks are almost $400 cheaper, so I would expect less mileage out of them. But I also want new rims, so i was thinking I could use the extra $400 thats not spent on tires, and buy me some new rims.

All of these tires are in the size range that I want.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only seen two lifted trucks on the 36's/20's here in fresno. A regular cab older silverado with bling bling ugly rims, that I didn't like, and a Super duty with 20" weld racing rims that looked really good :imo

I don't think they look like rubber bands though.. they do have a good 8" around the whole rim, but compared to a 16" rim, i see what you mean.

Thats why I want to see any pictures any of you guys may have of the 36/20 combo.

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, those rims are a little too much bling for me though.. I haven't seen very many mounted on weld racing or more traditional off road style wheels.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Iroks are offered in both radials and bias but in different sizes. I'll check to see if the 36/20's are offered in radials.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
more traditional off road wheel in a 20.

i know o stick to the road more than i do the dirt, however, i do not believe that 20 inch wheels where made for off road. If it were me, i would stick to like a 16 or 18 inch wheel for offroad. :imo

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Yes they are offered in a 36x13.50R20 radials.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think they are offered on the super swamper website, but I have never seen anyone carry them.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Well if they are on interco's website, and the supplyer carrys super swamper tires, they can get them.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
more traditional off road wheel in a 20.
i know o stick to the road more than i do the dirt, however, i do not believe that 20 inch wheels where made for off road. If it were me, i would stick to like a 16 or 18 inch wheel for offroad.
I realize that a 20" wheel is not a traditional off road size. If i run a 20" rim, i want it to look like a traditional off road style rim (weld racing, mickey thompson, etc). I like the look of the 20" rim, but at the same time i don't like the bling bling/spinners/pimp my ride look.

I'm trying to go for a basic offroad look, while running a 20" rim.

Yes they are offered in a 36x13.50R20 radials.
The bias and the radials look almost exactly the same in person. Do you think the radials would even give a noticeably better ride quality? Or am I headed in the wrong direction if i'm even asking about ride quality when i talk about iroks?

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
radials will be far better on the street then any bias ply tire.

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
Go with my STS's. They will cost you a lot less than the 36" Iroks and after mine wear out you can get the Iroks in 39.5s. After the tires, you will need wheels and a good set of 20's will cost more than what I am selling the combo for. Dooooo it!
Evan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.