GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at some focal speakers 6.5". The CA1 and CV1 to be exact. CA1 has 60 watts rms-120 max. CV1 has 70 watts rms-140 max. Is it worth it to pay an extra hundred for that, I'm gonna have a total of 4 speakers in my truck so the grand total would be $100 extra for 40 watts extra...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'm just wondering if i would even notice the difference. I am gonna amp these speakers tho... Does anybody know specifically about these 2 different speakers if it would be worth me getting the cv1 or are they both good and not much difference. Not too concerned about the cost but don't wanna waste money for no better sound...

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
yeah the CA is high quality and IMO sounds much much better, but the CV has more highs as the tweeters are alot brighter! The midrange driver seems heavier, that could be where the extra power goes

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinkin maybe the CV1s for the back and CA1s for the front... Problem solved, then I gotta think about amping them...

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I'm thinkin maybe the CV1s for the back and CA1s for the front... Problem solved, then I gotta think about amping them...
just remember that the cheaper ones are going to be brighter and louder unless you put more wattage on the fronts, plus they are going to sound different

1 - 10 of 10 Posts