GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat of a newbie question but is the 3/5 drop on a nbs a level drop.Meaning,the truck will have the same drop all around?Also can I run it with 275/45/20 tires.

I have 20" Adr Ravens I dont know the backspacing but this is what was on the box.

Size:20x8.5
Offset: 10
P.C.D : 6-139.7
Centerbore 108
 

·
Burning Rubber
Joined
·
994 Posts
It depends on alot of things. Some would say yes, it will be level, but there are things to consider like weight factors in the:

spare tire
rear bumper(if you install a roll pan)
tow hitch
and the fact that every truck is a little bit different.

I would personally go with a 3/6 drop so you could do a flip kit in the rear if it were me. Flip kit rides better, sits lower, might be cheaper, and is WAY easier to install than shackles and hangers and leaf springs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i would go 4/6 if i could but my tires are too large.that why im trying to find a good alternative.i think a 2/4 would be a wiser choice.so i can still load up people and stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,224 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
It depends on alot of things. Some would say yes, it will be level, but there are things to consider like weight factors in the:

spare tire
rear bumper(if you install a roll pan)
tow hitch
and the fact that every truck is a little bit different.

I would personally go with a 3/6 drop so you could do a flip kit in the rear if it were me. Flip kit rides better, sits lower, might be cheaper, and is WAY easier to install than shackles and hangers and leaf springs.
Werd!
I run a 275/45/20 tire on mine and I have about a 3/6.5 not quite a 7. It's dead level but mine will tuck in the rear but not in the front with those tires. I also have the hitch, spare tire and bumper off with a roll pan. But it didn't bring the rear up much with mine, maybe cause of the lowering leafs, not sure. I'd go with the 3/6 with a flip kit too. Wish I did to begin with. A lot easier to install and cheaper! Then later on when you need tires buy a smaller size and drop the front some more. You could also go lower in the rear then too by adding some shackles.
 

·
Burning Rubber
Joined
·
994 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Werd!
I run a 275/45/20 tire on mine and I have about a 3/6.5 not quite a 7. It's dead level but mine will tuck in the rear but not in the front with those tires. I also have the hitch, spare tire and bumper off with a roll pan. But it didn't bring the rear up much with mine, maybe cause of the lowering leafs, not sure. I'd go with the 3/6 with a flip kit too. Wish I did to begin with. A lot easier to install and cheaper! Then later on when you need tires buy a smaller size and drop the front some more. You could also go lower in the rear then too by adding some shackles.

Do you really think that you WON'T stuff those tires up front??? I even took out my bumpstops, and my tires have never met the front fenders once.... negative camber is your friend on NBS trucks :anitoof:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,224 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
Do you really think that you WON'T stuff those tires up front??? I even took out my bumpstops, and my tires have never met the front fenders once.... negative camber is your friend on NBS trucks :anitoof:
Yeah they'll tuck but I just wouldn't be able to turn. I could bag with these and they'd tuck prolly. It's not the rims it's these fat tires. You talking about the front bumpstops?
 

·
Burning Rubber
Joined
·
994 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Yeah they'll tuck but I just wouldn't be able to turn. I could bag with these and they'd tuck prolly. It's not the rims it's these fat tires. You talking about the front bumpstops?

ah I see...

Yeah, I took out the front bumpstops completely. The stiffness of the coils is good enough to keep the tires from bottoming out. I have never rubbed in the front b4 anywhere while turning, compression, driveways, etc..
 

·
Steady Skate'in
Joined
·
195 Posts
import_fighter said:
Somewhat of a newbie question but is the 3/5 drop on a nbs a level drop.Meaning,the truck will have the same drop all around?Also can I run it with 275/45/20 tires.

I have 20" Adr Ravens I dont know the backspacing but this is what was on the box.

Size:20x8.5
Offset: 10
P.C.D : 6-139.7
Centerbore 108

I've seen that tire size u plan on running on a 3/4 drop and have ridden in few trucks with that set up and they didn't rub in the front nor back, I plan on running the same size if I go with 20's.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top